Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone use SmartWater traceable liquid?

Local rural Sheriff came out to the farm today and signed us up. They’re providing kits to the local farmers for free. Interesting stuff. Comes in a little bottle and you apply a spot as big as a pencil eraser to your tool or equipment. Once applied it’s invisible and lasts for up to five years If stolen and found the sheriffs can find the dot with a special light. All liquids are unique and are traced back to the registered owner by testing. Sheriff said they’re going to start spot checking swap meets.
    I’m going to tag all our farm tools and equipment along with my guns, fishing equipment and electronics.

2. Member
    Good idea, hope you never lose any of your stuff to thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by n_gong View Post
    Good idea, hope you never lose any of your stuff to thieves.
    Just another layer of security. Every little bit helps. You still got your shop? Might drop by one day on my way to CL to get serviced.

4. Member
    Saw it on our local news this week. A police department about 40 mins from me bought the software and was providing it to people. If it catches on I’ll buy it. Right now I’m not sure it would do much good? Not many departments had the ability to scan it much less pawn shops from what I gathered from the news story.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    Just another layer of security. Every little bit helps. You still got your shop? Might drop by one day on my way to CL to get serviced.
    Still at it, I have work lined up till the end of November right now,
    a couple more years and it will be 40 years of outboards, that's about enough.
    Need to do more fishing, may have to follow you up to Clear lake sometime.
    Nelson

6. Member
    '14 Triton 18XS 150 Optimax Pro XS Fortrex 80
    Kropf Park model on Chautauqua Lake
    Fish Chautauqua Lake and Lake Erie
    Love bass and fly fishing for Trout and Steelhead

definitely interesting

but i don't have any guns
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

8. Member
    Good idea, anything to help stop a thief.

9. Member
    My last sheriff s Dept I worked for used smart water with great results !!

Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

I can see it working in a reverse order though.

12. Member
    What is the monthly subscription price?
    Praying for a Cure

13. Member
    Could anyone get a quote off the site. I tried but could not get it to work. I could see it being very beneficial for several items. Guns, stereo equipment in your car, tool boxes, high end electronics etc etc. The best deterrent though is probably cameras.

Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    Could anyone get a quote off the site. I tried but could not get it to work. I could see it being very beneficial for several items. Guns, stereo equipment in your car, tool boxes, high end electronics etc etc. The best deterrent though is probably cameras.
    There’s a code at the end of this article for a discount.

SLO Co. sheriff offers promo deal on SmartWater anti-theft tool
    https://www.ksby.com/news/local-news...nti-theft-tool

15. Member
    Whewwww... 42.50 for only 10 items isnt exactly cheap. I guess if you limit it to big ticket items it could be worth it provided your police dept have the ability to scan the stuff.

Whewwww... 42.50 for only 10 items isnt exactly cheap. I guess if you limit it to big ticket items it could be worth it provided your police dept have the ability to scan the stuff.
    Is that what the site says? The vile the sheriffs gave us will mark 40-50 items. You only use a touch. Half a pencil eraser head.

17. Member
    Is that what the site says? The vile the sheriffs gave us will mark 40-50 items. You only use a touch. Half a pencil eraser head.
    Thats what I saw.

Every bottle of ‘Dab-It-On™’ contains a unique forensic ‘code’, which links property to an address – mark up to 10 of your most precious items

Thats what I saw.

Every bottle of ‘Dab-It-On™’ contains a unique forensic ‘code’, which links property to an address – mark up to 10 of your most precious items
    The sheriff that trained us was adamant about just a touch. No swabbing. We’ve marked more than ten items already and have quite a bit left. Of course we may have a bigger vile. I think if your careful you can mark more than ten.
    Our rural sheriff said they’re going to start spot checking the swap meets and pawn shops. They’re hoping pawn shops will acquire the light and do they’re own checking. Biggest thing it’s a deterrent. Especially for employees with sticky fingers. If they know we’re tagging our tools and equipment with this technology I believe we’ll have less loss of items walking away.

19. Member
    The sheriff that trained us was adamant about just a touch. No swabbing. We’ve marked more than ten items already and have quite a bit left. Of course we may have a bigger vile. I think if your careful you can mark more than ten.
    Our rural sheriff said they’re going to start spot checking the swap meets and pawn shops. They’re hoping pawn shops will acquire the light and do they’re own checking. Biggest thing it’s a deterrent. Especially for employees with sticky fingers. If they know we’re tagging our tools and equipment with this technology I believe we’ll have less loss of items walking away.
    Have you had anything scanned to ensure you are applying enough to be traced? I have no earthly idea as this is the first ive ever heard of this stuff. I would just be leery that if the site says 10 items and you are doing 50 that there could be the possibility not enough is applied.

Once again no idea just my random thoughts. I wonder how I could find out if this tech is being used in my area yet. I would be willing to pony up the $$ for a kit if I thought it could be beneficial. We just the other day had someone go through the neighborhood lifting door handles and getting stuff out of vehicles.

20. Member
    Their site says a monthly cost also. Anyone find that information?
    Praying for a Cure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast