Mountain Island Thieves

Well the law of averages got me today! Parked the truck @ 11:00 am and fished til 6:00 pm. Some lowlife drove a screwdriver or tire tool into door lock and broke in my truck! They only took $12.00 in quarters in the center console. At least they did'nt bust the windows. Been fishing this lake since I was a kid, about 55 yrs. First time I've ever had a problem any where at a public access. At least the fishing was good! caught 20 or so on a 4'Keiteck.

2. Member

3. Member
    A shame to have a favorite lake to fish and have to worry about having you tow vehicle broke into. It would be worth having an attended shack at the entrance of the boat ramp area.

4. Banned
    I thnk there should be enough funds some where to put cameras at every boat ramp parking lot in the state!!

as much as auto insurance companies loss each year they should all pitch in and match funds with the counties to light it up with cameras, . Id throw in an $100. as long as when the thief was caught they would kick his butt maybe make them clean th parking lots everday in a pink suit so boaters could thro bottles at um

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

6. Member
    ����

7. Member
    h

Back on Aug 10th a bunch was hit including myself and 6 others. We fish there again this weekend. Dread going back. Going to empty the truck out and leave doors unlocked hoping they wont bust a window to get in
    Frank Duffy

Harris Teeter Pro Staff

9. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Can't leave anything in sight. The crack/meth heads will break in for a quarter.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

10. Member
    I've started leaving my truck unlocked everywhere I go. Nothing in the truck is worth the cost and hassle of repairing a window/lock.

11. Banned
    Too bad you legally can't bait them and booby trap the truck to catch them and hold them until you get back.

12. Banned
    I told a deputy and game warden at a boat ramp that i could stop it it they would allow me to put up my cadilac tree stand and deal with the theives as i see fit. They both asked when do i want them to take a vacation and they would give me full acess. Just get rid of the hoodrats. I am sure all the theives are good kids and their lives matter when they are part of breaking news but termination is absolute.