Thread: Carpet cost?

Carpet cost?

How much is good marine grade carpet?

is it usually priced per square foot?

Thank you for any info

2. Member
    It’s priced by the yard. So just over a foot long and seven feet wide is one yard. Ranger carpet is 13 a yard.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    Syntec carpet is the best, about $18 per foot x 7' wide.
    Syntec is sold in 16 or 24oz weights. If a company says there carpet is syntec 20oz weight, they are misleading you.

I have verified this with syntec. Yes they sell other weights, however the Marine boat building industry dictates the weights they make and sell, 16 or 24oz carpet.

Compare Syntec's 16oz carpet with the 20oz carpets looking at the rubber backing, bend the two carpets as if they are being mounted on a compartment door, & pull on the fibers.
    Last edited by javelin90; 09-20-2019 at 06:24 AM.

got mine from Bass Cat. think it was $12 running foot at 8' wide.
    and that's 24 oz carpet. really happy with mine

5. Member
    What Syntec carpet does Ranger use in the aluminum series boats? Is it the 16 or 24 oz Syntec? I am wanting to purchase Syntec carpet but can only find it in 7x25 foot rolls.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Champion223 View Post
    What Syntec carpet does Ranger use in the aluminum series boats? Is it the 16 or 24 oz Syntec? I am wanting to purchase Syntec carpet but can only find it in 7x25 foot rolls.
    They use 20oz in the aluminum boats. It’s right at 9 bucks a yard. You can get it in seven and eight foot width.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

7. Member
    I had a customer drop off a boat, he bought his own carpet from Ranger, they sold it to him by the square yard,3x3. You want to buy it by the running yard. I find the 8.5' wide is the best bang for the buck. 6' wide is no good, most rear decks are over 6' wide, you don't want to seam it up and you want it running in the same direction. I wouldn't go over 20 oz in a tin boat, I've done dozens of trackers with it and no sticking lids. There's a trick for that,
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    I had a customer drop off a boat, he bought his own carpet from Ranger, they sold it to him by the square yard,3x3. You want to buy it by the running yard. I find the 8.5' wide is the best bang for the buck. 6' wide is no good, most rear decks are over 6' wide, you don't want to seam it up and you want it running in the same direction. I wouldn't go over 20 oz in a tin boat, I've done dozens of trackers with it and no sticking lids. There's a trick for that,
    Yeah shave the edges.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Yeah shave the edges.

No, I don't shave edges, never have never will. Like I said, there's a trick to no sticking lids.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    No, I don't shave edges, never have never will. Like I said, there's a trick to no sticking lids.
    Lol well last I checked this was a forum to help people. You want to share or just brag that you have a trick?