Another Jig Skipping Question.

I have gotten a lot better with skipping this year. Buzz Baits, Senkos, sometimes a certain Shakey Head, and even small Crankbaits, now and then. With a Jig I've done okay also; but with a Beaver style bait as a trailer. With warmer weather; I switched to a SK Rage Chunk and not having as good of success. This is with a Dirty Jigs 1/2 oz. Pitching Jig (arky head). I have not been on the water very much for the last month or so. So; out of practice. Anything I should change; other than more practice?

3/8ths is easier than half. A 4" havoc pit boss with the first section cut off and the smooth side down. The outside two appendages have plenty of flappy action
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3/8 Arkie jig and any kind of small trailer that has a full body. Cut off all the legs so it’s only the body. Go practice and this will help you get your feel back. I hope this helps

The Rage Bug has way too much flappy action that catches water and causes drag. Easier with a Beaver style bait to skip with. Also, raise your rod some when the bait hits the water to help keep the line from dragging on the water. Helps the bait skip better.

5. Scraps
    Any of those creature, or like a Zoom speed craw, I cut all the little appendages off so the bait is as streamlined as possible.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    Had and still having great success with this BIG BITE BAIT -YoDaddy Craws.

The most important thing is to have the arky head style and smooth body to have it "G L I D E" like it's on butter...