518L w/200. What s your set up ?

I have a 2019 518L and 200 4S TM. And absolutely love it. The performance is spectacular. While I am not so sure that I need to gain anymore the man in me says there is more to get - let’s get it. I am only able to get 5800 rpms in 85 degree water with about 3/8 tank me and gear. Is this OK ?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    It’s okay unless you always will be running in water that warm. You haven’t said how “old” your engine is [how many hours]. If it’s less than 30 hours, chances are you may gain some rpms when the engine is more broken in. Otherwise, assuming factory prop, you could be a touch low on rpms when heavily loaded [200 pound partner, full fuel, and full livewell]. But not bad. Might help if you also told us what prop you are running, at what height prop to pad. You won’t truly know the performance until you have tested, over time, with a variety of conditions. All of those factors matter.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    My Ranger 518 L with a Mercury 200 hp pro xs 2019 model. Prop is a Tempest Plus 22 pitch prop to pad is 2 1/2 inches. Withme a full tank weather has not been a big factor and a good fishing load I can’t get over 5950 rpm and top end has been 65 being the best. I have about 20 hours on motor. I gave my performance numbers to Ron Croxton thinking I may need a different prop and he wants me to send him the prop so he can work on it as he said I have too much prop slip. The holeshot and midrange punch is awesome. I think it should put out a bit more on top end.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

22 Tempest plus. I do not know the hight to the pad - set at factory. Close to 20 hours

Thank you. I will check my pad hight so that I can share that info

6. Member
    My prop to pad is 2 3/4 does great.