Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    I believe the government will progressively adopt the HK 416/417 platform.

"catchatoad If I had to bet on it I'd say they will go with the SIG MCX/MPX in some variant."

I fail to understand why an announcement that Colt is dropping out of the Civilian AR market but remaining in the government/ le sector has anything to do with with the government contract concerning military weapons or the government changing suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post

I fail to understand why an announcement that Colt is dropping out of the Civilian AR market but remaining in the government/ le sector has anything to do with with the government contract concerning military weapons or the government changing suppliers.
    It doesent, other than to say the military version supports the civilian version. If they loose contracts in the military market then they likely cannot continue to support the civilian platform. In a recent contract test, the M4 had 3 times the ftf/fte stops of all other weapons tested. The HK was one of the best. SOCOM is already investing in the HK for operators, DevGru is using them. Those things will be noted as various contracts come up for renewal. Perhaps they are cutting costs because they see the writing on the wall.
    Last edited by Skeeterbait; 09-20-2019 at 07:26 AM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    If I'm remembering correctly, been in bankruptcy twice.
    According to the internet they seem to have used their original business model . "Colt is no stranger to bankruptcy proceedings. In fact, the company's first bankruptcy was in 1842, just six years after it was started."
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    Colt's official response:

https://www.colt.com/news/2630
    You're ruining it. Rumors and home brewed drama are much more interesting.

5. Member
    I mean. It's my understanding that stopped production because they have enough made right now and want to focus on their military orders. But be outraged I guess.
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

6. Banned
    But the did introduce the King Cobra revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    But the did introduce the King Cobra revolver.
    I don't know how much experience you have with colt revolvers,but I have heard very few if any problems with them, the Colt Python is one of the most sought after revolver today.my experience with Cold revolver has alway been good.

Hope they're not giving up on their beverage line.

He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

9. Member
    From what I've read, they're basically dropping their civilian long rifle line for now. They'll continue making their military/government long rifles, but they're going to be focusing on improving their handguns since those are a bigger seller right now.

To me, this makes total sense. Make money off your bread and butter rather than run the ship into the ground.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catchatoad View Post
    If I had to bet on it I'd say they will go with the SIG MCX/MPX in some variant.
    I want an mcx/mpx so bad
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I don't know how much experience you have with colt revolvers,but I have heard very few if any problems with them, the Colt Python is one of the most sought after revolver today.my experience with Cold revolver has alway been good.
    My father in law has a python...that was is one pretty wheel gun, and complete joy to shoot. Sooo smooth yet crisp at the same time. Love shooting it

He talked about selling it a few years ago and I told I would beat him senseless if he sold it to anyone other than me lol
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    My father in law has a python...that was is one pretty wheel gun, and complete joy to shoot. Sooo smooth yet crisp at the same time. Love shooting it

He talked about selling it a few years ago and I told I would beat him senseless if he sold it to anyone other than me lol
    The Python is a bucket list gun but I'm way too darn cheap to drop what I'd have to drop to own one. My father in law gave me a Cobra .38 that is probably 40 years old that has never been shot. It's a great looking little gun and I'll probably never shoot it.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

13. Member
    IMO this is all about protecting themselves from future lawsuits brought by victims of shootings. Nothing to do with market share , sales, etc. probably a corporate board room decision.

I think other brands may follow. The government won’t have to pass a law to remove AR weapons, corporations will/are doing it for them.

14. Member
    Pythons are the best 357 ever made.........unless you shoot a lot the. It is a pos as it will quit running. Colts are nice but they are not durable.

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    The Python is a bucket list gun but I'm way too darn cheap to drop what I'd have to drop to own one. My father in law gave me a Cobra .38 that is probably 40 years old that has never been shot. It's a great looking little gun and I'll probably never shoot it.
    I still have polished stainless Python I bought new in about 1979 , paid $775.00 , it’s an amazing revolver .

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LTZ25 View Post
    I still have polished stainless Python I bought new in about 1979 , paid $775.00 , it’s an amazing revolver .
    That thing is worth a fortune now. Was curious and googled some for sale. At least $2500 for a decent one. You definitely have a jewel in the collection.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

17. Member
    I have a complete set of stainless Colt snake revolvers. Anaconda, Python, Cobra. all new in original case unfired, my son will get these when I'm gone.

18. Member
    I’ve always thought their revolvers were overhyped....although they have the prettiest bluing. I’d take a Dan Wesson ANYDAY over a snake gun. Their 1911s are garbage as well. I’d take a real USGI but I’d much rather have a Singer, US&S, Ithaca, or even An R/R

I have a S&W 686 6" first edition, commonly called a "no dash" that I bought around '84. I considered a Python at the time but the timing and polishing of the internals felt superior on the S&W.

20. Member
    Colts biggest problem started years ago. They did not change with the times, thought their name would carry them through. It did not. Other manufactures came online, in the revolver, 1911, and AR market, and made a good or better product, and well, away ya go. This is not their first rodeo in changing their business model. Beretta has been around for a couple of hundred years, they adapt, change, and well even moved here to Tennessee to be profitable. Ya change with the times or, your no longer relevant. Same thing happened to DuPont, and yep I gave them over 20 years, I said then, when they sold off Conoco, Remington and Merck, guys we are in trouble, if our company cant make money on drugs, guns, and gas, we are in trouble.....lol Im still in the same building doing the same job, but owned by another family now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast