Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Im thinking the way the market is flooded, there wasn't enough profit margin for them, I'm hoping they didn't cave in to public pressure.
    This is what I think also. The market is flooded and profits just wasn't there but the anti-gunners will claim victory.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    This is what I think also. The market is flooded and profits just wasn't there but the anti-gunners will claim victory.
    It’s nothing more than a publicity stunt. Colt has been irrelevant in the civilian AR market for years. Anti gunners are unaware of that so this was a great opportunity for Colt to exit the market and spin it to where they score major points with the libs.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    It’s nothing more than a publicity stunt. Colt has been irrelevant in the civilian AR market for years. Anti gunners are unaware of that so this was a great opportunity for Colt to exit the market and spin it to where they score major points with the libs.

What could Colt™ gain by "spinning to score major points w/the libs" ? Does Colt™ produce anything a 'lib' may want?

4. Member
    Where did Colt say anything about appeasing the anti gun crowd? Nothing I've read said anything other than the fact that there was a glut of AR platforms on the market and it made it unprofitable for them to continue to produce the AR. Sounds like a smart decision to me.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    What could Colt™ gain by "spinning to score major points w/the libs" ? Does Colt™ produce anything a 'lib' may want?
    Keeps them off their butts. Smith and Wesson did the same thing years ago and it darn near ruined them

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    That thing is worth a fortune now. Was curious and googled some for sale. At least $2500 for a decent one. You definitely have a jewel in the collection.
    Yup sillyness... my FIL is the classic blues steel with wood furniture...he bought it in the 70s for like 600...that's a lot of cash then
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Colt has been irrelevant for years.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    I believe the sentiment should be “they believe they are taking themselves off the ‘libs’ radar.”
    USMC (Ret) 1988-2008
    2014 Lowe Stinger ST175
    Mercury 75 HP four stroke

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2112 View Post
    I believe the sentiment should be “they believe they are taking themselves off the ‘libs’ radar.”
    Exactly. Kill the "AR". There are too many running around saying ban the AR, ban the AK. They would not know one if they saw it. Release a new "sporting rifle" some time in the future. Call it the Q36 or what ever they want. Just don't call it an "AR".

Quote Originally Posted by Jaredn View Post
    Colt has been irrelevant for years
    exactly

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeterbait View Post
    Exactly. Kill the "AR". There are too many running around saying ban the AR, ban the AK. They would not know one if they saw it. Release a new "sporting rifle" some time in the future. Call it the Q36 or what ever they want. Just don't call it an "AR".
    Yep. Just like th “cop killer” black talon ammo in the 90s. Lib media through a fit saying that it was cruel. Winchester removed the black coating that was for aesthetics only and renamed it to sxt and the outcry vanished.

SXT
    Same
    excact
    thing.

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    look at all the free advertisement...
    EVERY media outlet is talking about it..
    EVERY outdoors world wide web site is talking about it..
    Every outdoors-man and woman has heard the name Colt in the last couple of days.
    Check that, hell, just about Every american has.. and most of the world..

literally millions of dollars worth of absolutely free advertisement,,,, mission accomplished...............

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    look at all the free advertisement...
    EVERY media outlet is talking about it..
    EVERY outdoors world wide web site is talking about it..
    Every outdoors-man and woman has heard the name Colt in the last couple of days.
    Check that, hell, just about Every american has.. and most of the world..

literally millions of dollars worth of absolutely free advertisement,,,, mission accomplished...............
    And all of the people hearing the name will still wake up tomorrow and not buy one.

14. Member
    And all of the people hearing the name will still wake up tomorrow and not buy one.
    Possible some will be sold, put in the safe brand new in the box and people hoping some years down the road that it will have a collectors status and value. Could actually be more of a chance of that if Colt ever folded and went totally out of business.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    Could actually be more of a chance of that if Colt ever folded and went totally out of business.

Look for the new "Stallion™ brand... "When Your Daddy's Colt™ threw a shoe and became a MAN!!!...

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    Possible some will be sold, put in the safe brand new in the box and people hoping some years down the road that it will have a collectors status and value. Could actually be more of a chance of that if Colt ever folded and went totally out of business.
    You realize that this isn’t first time this has happened, correct?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vaw121 View Post
    Colt has been irrelevant for years.
    Haven’t been any good since Linda left.

18. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcf View Post
    Bit of a low rance response
    Who controls John Gill?

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I don't know how much experience you have with colt revolvers,but I have heard very few if any problems with them, the Colt Python is one of the most sought after revolver today.my experience with Cold revolver has alway been good.
    The Python/Anaconda of old is no comparison to the Cobra of today....with the Cobra being a trashy attempt at something comparable.

20. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbcf View Post
    I see what you did there.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234