Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any insiders have info on the upcoming Evinrude promotion?

I am looking at repowering soon with a new 150 E-tec and wondered if anyone had any info on the upcoming promotion and what it may be. TIA.

2. Member
    The 10 year warranty is gone for good if that is what your wondering...

3. Member
    I was hoping that would come back around. So If that is gone, what do you think they will offer?

4. Member
    evinrude will have to do something to stop the 4 stroke bleeding out issues- too many wrongly believe 4 stoke is the future
    Last edited by mactlman; 09-20-2019 at 06:44 AM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I wouldn't get too pumped up about anything until the dealer meetings are over.

6. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    evinrude will have to do something to stop the 4 stroke bleeding out issues- too many wrongly believe 4 stoke is the future
    Lots of new 4-strokes on the bass boats in my area. They all laugh at us 2-stroke guys when we have to spend $40 on XD-100 every 2 or 3 weeks.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

7. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    Lots of new 4-strokes on the bass boats in my area. They all laugh at us 2-stroke guys when we have to spend $40 on XD-100 every 2 or 3 weeks.
    You must be racking up a lot of miles. I put 80 hours on my 225 last year and am headed for a similar number this year. I spend about $120 a year for XD-100 and wouldn’t have any other outboard ever made. At this point, nothing has the combined performance and engineering of the G2.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

8. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    You must be racking up a lot of miles. I put 80 hours on my 225 last year and am headed for a similar number this year. I spend about $120 a year for XD-100 and wouldn’t have any other outboard ever made. At this point, nothing has the combined performance and engineering of the G2.
    X2 Brother, H2E!

I run the piss out of mine all Spring, Summer and Fall (May - October) and go through MAYBE 3 gallons, emphasis on MAYBE...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

9. Member
    i use a gallon per year usually of amsoil so no big deal lakes small in Ohio
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

10. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Yes sir, I put a lot of miles on her! Probably 50-75 miles every weekend. My morning run is 15-25 miles, depending on which area of the intercoastal we decide to fish. I'm sure I could save a bunch on gas and oil if I'd back her down to 4300 rpms and cruise, but it's just so much fun to hear that ETEC humming at WOT! I could save a bunch if I changed the ECU setting to XD-100, but I feel safer at the TCW-3 setting. $40 oil is still cheaper than a $4500 power head.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

11. Member
    Wait until the new Four strokes have to go in for scheduled service and they see the bill. $120 for oil will seem cheap.

12. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    It also costs me $40 in gas to get to my dealer, and takes at least half a day round-trip. Since the E-Tecs self-winterize, and gear lube is a snap to change, I don’t need or want additional dealer visits [see above]. I do feel the pain of 4-stroke owners who complained that adding 2-stroke oil took too much of their time. They are busy little puppies! And pouring oil in a hole might be complicated for some folks.

13. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    It also costs me $40 in gas to get to my dealer, and takes at least half a day round-trip. Since the E-Tecs self-winterize, and gear lube is a snap to change, I don’t need or want additional dealer visits [see above]. I do feel the pain of 4-stroke owners who complained that adding 2-stroke oil took too much of their time. They are busy little puppies! And pouring oil in a hole might be complicated for some folks.
    I grew up in north central Ohio, pretty close to Wooster, so I feel your pain. Good marine mechanics are few and far between up there. Living here just north of the Outer Banks now, I don't EVER have to winterize my motor. I think the longest we've gone with ice on the river was 3 weeks in late February. I've only owned older carb motors up until this ETEC, so I've never taken a motor in for service. I've always just done it myself. I did take my ETEC to have the water pressure sensor turned on when I installed it, but that and a printout of the engine history only cost me $45. You joke about adding oil to a 2-stroke, but there are guys around here that I fish with that WOULD screw up trying to add oil to a 2-stroke engine. I've learned over the years that just because you know how to catch the hell out of some bass doesn't mean you know a thing about the equipment that get's you there and back.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

14. Member
    Being we’ve strayed from the original topic, I’d like to ask a secondary question. Last year when I bought the boat I had the dealer do the 3yr maintenance (plugs, lower unit oil, water pump, and winterize) This year I was going to winterize myself. Are you guys just running the automatic winterize cycle and changing the lower unit oil? What lower unit oil are you using? My dealer is a 4 hour round trip, I just want to make sure I get it right.
    2014 E-TEC 225HO Gen 1
    Thanks
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    ...Are you guys just running the automatic winterize cycle and changing the lower unit oil? What lower unit oil are you using?
    On my 150 G2 HO I do the automatic winterize cycle and change the LU myself before putting her away in late October.

The auto winterize is simple even if you don't have the ICON system. For the lower unit, I buy the Evinrude high performance oil for the G2 in gallon bottles from amazon, i just don't have the product # handy at the moment. I also have the hand pump from Amazon (P/N 0775611) which makes life real easy.

Both are very easy to do. If you use muffs on your water hose when winterizing you will need to put duck tape over the water intake screen on the front of the lower unit.

Sorry - I just saw you are running the G1 so this all may be to no avail, my bad...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

16. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Automatic winterizing cycle and HPF Pro in the gearcase. There is plenty of video help available on YouTube if you need assistance. The Evinrude owners forum is another useful tool.

Two more weeks
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    Two more weeks
    Until what? Any whisper on something they may come out with?

19. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2va07 View Post
    Until what? Any whisper on something they may come out with?
    That’s an inside joke on this forum. No matter what you’re waiting for, in two more weeks you’ll be two weeks closer.

20. Member
    I had a dealer tell me last week that the current warranty is 5 years at least till the end of this month. Said he felt like the next promotion would come out in January. I didn’t want to wait that long, but a longer warranty would be worth it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast