Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Gotcha. Surprised they aren’t doing anything sooner with Yamaha running 6 years right now.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    There are a few boats being ordered right now, but that’s 1/10th of what will be ordered in Jan/Feb, if that. A promotion right now would decrease the impact of a promotion that might be coming in a few months, plus costing advertising dollars hard to recoup in a weak selling window. It’s puzzling/ironic that Yamaha would be bothering to promote at present, given the current dearth of customer orders and their low inventory of bass-boat engines.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Dealer meetings are going on this week. We'll see what the plans are later in the week maybe.

4. Member
    With the dealer meetings over, any news?

5. Member
    2 MORE WEEKS!
    DAVID HIGHTOWER
    CARTERSVILLE, GA.
    1998 TRITON TR-18
    EVINRUDE G2 150 HO

Evinrude does not disclose upcoming promos, even to their dealers, until a day or two before they commence.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

7. Member
    Fort Lauderdale boat show is next weekend, hopefully we hear something by then.

8. Member
    https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/promo...les-event.html

Evinrude website now shows a boat show season event. Shows a 7 year warranty and a 2K rebate on select models. Anyone have any access what models that rebate might be on?

Thanks!

9. Member
    From another website

Just announced. 7 year warranty. $2000 rebate on V6 G2 engines. December 1st - January 31st.

https://www.etecownersgroup.com/post...pid=1310216541

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    too many wrongly believe 4 stoke is the future
    AMEN!

11. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    AMEN!
    X2, and what self-respecting Fisherman doesn't Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning...
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

12. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Fish View Post
    X2, and what self-respecting Fisherman doesn't Love the smell of 2 stroke in the morning...
    I love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning....but I certainly don't get it from my ETEC. It burns too clean for that. I make sure I tie up next to the guys running an old Merc EFI or Yamaha so I can get my fix.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

13. Member
    I was gonna say the same thing! Since getting my g2 this year I make it a point to idle up to an older evinrude or Johnson to smell lol. My g2 is just clean clean

Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    I love the smell of 2-stroke in the morning....but I certainly don't get it from my ETEC. It burns too clean for that. I make sure I tie up next to the guys running an old Merc EFI or Yamaha so I can get my fix.

14. Member

2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

The science (and romance) of two-stroke exhaust smell.

Rich Lee

All it takes is one whiff. It could be an old dirt bike starting up fresh out of storage or a vintage scooter trundling past. No matter. As soon as two-stroke exhaust hits your nose, it splits your face into a big, toothy smile. The stuff literally gets under your skin.
    But what are you actually smelling? And why is it so evocative?
    From a physiological standpoint, the answer is straightforward. Olfaction, the process of smelling, is closely tied to emotion and associative learning. And, unlike our other senses, it’s wired directly into the limbic system; before you even identify a smell, the olfactory bulb has already triggered a memory and the feeling attached to it, a true primal reaction. So, if you grew up around motorcycles, your brain might associate two-stroke with the warmth of family, the pride of winning a race, or the satisfaction of tuning a carb. Getting a snoutful of the stuff can be comforting on a neural level.
    But there might be more to the magic of two-stroke’s distinct scent. So says Kelly Jones, the New York-based perfumer behind Kelly + Jones, an experimental fragrance line stocked at stores including Urban Outfitters and Garmentory. Asked to analyze burning synthetic two-stroke for Motorcyclist, her trained nose picked up an array of smells, including benzoin and balsam (tree resins), cade oil (a species of juniper), and a hint of patchouli (yes, patchouli). To Jones, the underlying character here was revealing. She notes that tree resins represented the very first perfumes, tracing back to ancient civilizations. Benzoins and balsams have long been used to make incense, and cade oil is a known antiseptic.
    Altogether, she describes the two-stroke fragrance profile as ancestral, ritualistic, ceremonial, and medicinal.
    “In a way, this scent is actually very human,” she says. “There’s a term we use in perfumery, animalic, to describe musk. And this one’s a little dirty, isn’t it? There’s an element of the forbidden. That’s sexy. People have always been attracted to those smells. They always will be.”
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

16. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    That's a good read 'Hoss.... and to help the guys with the DFI and ETEC's turn the rear of the boat into the wind....you'll get a whiff of that smell without the smoke...

17. Member
    The deal is a 7 year warranty on all motors and a 2K rebate on all G2s over 150HP.
    I am getting a G1 135HO...I'll galdy take a 7 year warranty on it!
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

I was fortunate enough to get the 10 year Evinrude warranty. Bought my boat in June so warranty until 2029. Cant beat that.
    2018 Ranger Z518C 200hp Rude.
    12 inch HDS Carbon
    9 inch HDS Carbon

2022 Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

19. Member
    Yeah, I hate I missed out on the 10 year but my engine blew in April and that promotion was over in March. 7 yrs is still an awesome warranty.

I found a new leftover 2018 150 HO that will be getting shipped to my local dealer next week for installation. Can’t wait to get it on the water and see how my 364 Ranger performs. Being boatless for 8 months has been awful.

20. Member
    Got the 10yr on mine end of April.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast