Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is your favorite Buzz Bait

What buzz baits are you all using that you like. haven't thrown a buzz bait for a while but looking to get some.

2. Member
    I use many kinds depending on conditions, but my favorite is the strike king sugar buzz. It has the free swinging hook. Peppers has a version of one but their hook sucks. I've been make similar ones on my own.

3. Member
    I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions on this. I really love the Warrior Baits buzzbait. It has a metal keel on it which allows you to slow down your retrieve while keeping the bait on the surface. Another one I really like is the Fishbelly Helix Ninja buzzbait. It's more of a finesse buzzbait because the blade design makes it create less noise and water displacement, but it can be deadly in clearer or pressured waters. However it's not the most durable due to the blade design.

War Eagle for me. Sometimes need the arm shortened a bit - I want no "slack" for the blade to slide up and down as that's just extra material messing up my hookups and making it harder to cast, but not so tight as to restrict the blade spinning - but they're usually a lot closer out of the pack than most. Add a couple miles hanging out the window on the highway (watch your fingers!) and you get the perfect squeal. They run true and are easy to tune if they get bent or you want them to run one direction (definitely *don't* try that around dock posts or standing timber, because it definitely won't work....), and they come through cover exceptionally well. The way they come through pads and deflect off ever so slightly while still maintaining course has caught me a bunch of fish...same story for bouncing off hard cover just the way I like. Haven't found another that I like as much yet! Hopefully Pradco doesn't ruin them...

I know you didn't ask, but since I've got to hold up my reputation of typing way, way too much....any color as long as it's black!
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

5. Member
    Been throwing the War Eagle a long time, White, black or silver w/ holotape head, one of them usually works. They are way more durable than the spinnerbaits.

Lunker Lure, Cavitron or Persuader Double. Have some Revenge for clear water also I like.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    War Eagle for me. Sometimes need the arm shortened a bit - I want no "slack" for the blade to slide up and down as that's just extra material messing up my hookups and making it harder to cast, but not so tight as to restrict the blade spinning - but they're usually a lot closer out of the pack than most. Add a couple miles hanging out the window on the highway (watch your fingers!) and you get the perfect squeal. They run true and are easy to tune if they get bent or you want them to run one direction (definitely *don't* try that around dock posts or standing timber, because it definitely won't work....), and they come through cover exceptionally well. The way they come through pads and deflect off ever so slightly while still maintaining course has caught me a bunch of fish...same story for bouncing off hard cover just the way I like. Haven't found another that I like as much yet! Hopefully Pradco doesn't ruin them...

I know you didn't ask, but since I've got to hold up my reputation of typing way, way too much....any color as long as it's black!
    Keep typing bud.. you put up some good info to help others...

8. Member
    War Eagle
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

9. Member
    Yes good help. I have a fan and fly tying clamp I use to break in all my buzzbaits. I too shorten the blade wire, square up the rivet and clamp, and square up the blade lip where it contacts the rivet. If the blade is painted, file the paint off in the rivet contact area to max out the squeal. And don't get buzzbaits with the hook too close to the blade. On many brands, I also bent the bait down just ahead of the weight so the hook rides lower in the water, and opens up the blade to hook area.

10. Member
    Cavitron
    2017 Z521C with Evinrude G2 250 HO
    2020 RT198 with Merc 150 Pro XS

11. Member
    Crock O Gator Head Knocker

My favorite was a Terminator Ball Breaker. Discontinued which is super unfortunate. It had a metal ball that the blade would clack against. They were the loudest buzzbait on the market hands down. Everytime I used it people would ask me what it was cuz it was so loud. Otherwise I prefer my homemade ones or an el-cheapo.

Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    War Eagle
    I've never liked the lopsided blades on a War Eagle. But always thought they have a great looking buzzbait otherwise.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Bass Hunter View Post
    I've never liked the lopsided blades on a War Eagle. But always thought they have a great looking buzzbait otherwise.
    They aren't as lopsided as a Lunker Lure...

15. Member
    Had been using solely Cavitron and then picked up an Accent "Wheeler" one this spring...paid for itself many times over with a tourney finish in which I threw it nearly the whole day!

2012 Stratos 189 VLO/150 Mercury Pro XS/MinnKota Terrova

16. Banned
    Rhetorical question. You're gonna get 1000 opinions

I like the Omega alpha shad alot

18. Member
    Lunker Lure

19. Member
    Accents Wheeler buzzbait and Reaction Innovations squeaky dolphin are my two favorites for largemouth. Spots seem to like the Jackall firecracker around here but keeping it tuned is a hassle.

Cavitron and Wheelers Accent buzzbait. Both really good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast