Wear sleeve / speedy sleeve

2003 optimax 225
    0T651364

Rebuilding an optimax.

I pulled the speedy sleeve off the bottom of the crank because it was worn and had grooves.

Didn't realize this part isn't sold separately. They want you to buy an entire crank just for a $5 MAINTENANCE item. (Shit like this makes me want to bad mouth companies and never buy their stuff).

Where can I get a replacement sleeve that will fit?

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    I do not see any 3L model that lists a replacement sleeve. Of course, I've also never needed one (ever) despite having replaced a number of seals.

Sorry- not much help on that one.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    I have replaced them on a 3L and the part # is 830882
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass.man65 View Post
    I have replaced them on a 3L and the part # is 830882

Awesome! Thank you so much!

I ordered one, hopefully it will fit and I can continue on.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Good catch/info- when searching from the PART NUMBER (830882 provided above), the seals and crankshaft match up.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor