Lowrance transducer install

Getting ready to install a Lowrance HD’s Live 12 unit. My question is when I install the transducer on the outside of the hill at the back of the boat, the wire coming off the transducer head , should it go against the boat hull or away from the boat hull? I have seen it installed both ways and for side scan how do I know the left side from the right side. Is the transducer marked left and right?

2. Member
    watch the you tube video by Lowrance pro Jacob Scott on proper transducer installation.

3. Member
    The side with the cable coming out of it is intended to be the front. You can mount it backwards if you need to. Lowrance gives an option in the SideScan panel to flip the left and right sides if you have it mounted backwards. Just mount it how you need and when you take it out the first time drive by something you can easily spot on one side or the other above water and if its on the wrong side on screen hit that flip button.

4. Member
    Thanks

5. Member
    I did mine to the front.

6. Member
    Are you referring to 3 in 1? If so, the cable should be out at the back and zip-tied to the transducer.