Live scope compass calibration for T motor mount

Just got an ultra 122sv and lvs32, I have a terova t motor and had to mount the lvs32 on the motor head. Instructions say I cannot calibrate compass in this application so I need an external compass? Can I somehow link my lowrance point 1 via nema so I do not have to spend more $$$$ and add more equipment?

2. Member
    It doesn't work that way. The internal compass, in the transducer, is used to show an icon on the display showing which way the transducer is pointed. Only that compass can do that. If you want the icon pointing to work, you have to mount the transducer on the shaft or on a stick.......and calibrate it.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Ok, so everything else will work, just not the icon?

4. Member
    Right. It will work just fine. If the icon shows up and is annoying because it is pointing in the wrong direction, just start the calibration process, then cancel it. That will get rid of the icon.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Thanks much

6. Member
    So one more question, I noticed when you rotate the ducer there is not just two locations, I seems like there are multiple locations instead of just down and forward?

7. Member
    Right. That is to accomodate for both port and starboard mounting. Once mounted correctly, it's one click between forward and down. If you mounted the transducer on the other side of the TM it would still be one click between them but the transducer would be seated on different notches.