Thread: HDS12M

HDS12M

Looking at a HDS12m, touch, 2gen. Unit has LSS2 transducer, screen cover, power cable, bracket, & sonar module. Are these units any good & why did Lowrance make this instead of just HDS2 touch 2 gen? Can get this for $400 or would it be better to go with a gen 3. Will just use this on the bow, not networked, for SS & DI.
    Thanks

2. Banned
    I thought the M only worked for mapping???

That's what I thought but seems like you can connect the LSS to the sonar hub for side scan. Not sure, that's why I asked.

4. Banned
    Maybe so, been a few years. Only thing that might concern me with that is, sometimes the lss ducers don’t work well without having a 2d ducer hooked up with it. Interesting to see what some of the fellas here think.

I would like to know also.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Looking at a HDS12m, touch, 2gen. Unit has LSS2 transducer, screen cover, power cable, bracket, & sonar module. Are these units any good & why did Lowrance make this instead of just HDS2 touch 2 gen? Can get this for $400 or would it be better to go with a gen 3. Will just use this on the bow, not networked, for SS & DI.
    Thanks
    . The 12M is a mapping only unit plus it was never sold in the USA so the mapping don’t work. The smaller units were sold in the USA but not the 12.

7. Member
    The m-models will do both sonar and structurescan when networked with another unit or module with such capabilities. And you can use them in the US, with a suitable map/ memorycard. (ROW-units does not have the US-mapping bulidt in.)

Thanks guys, this is the info I was looking for. I knew if anybody knew about them it would on this forum. I don't want it if it has to be networked. If my HDS 12 g3 went out on the console, I would be left with nothing. Need a stand a lone up front in my opinion.
    Thanks

9. Member
    Have a 9m Gen2 networked so it does sonar, structure scan, map sharing , etc.
    WORKS same as a standard hds. Also have a Bsm-1 plugged into the
    9m so will work with sonar as a stand alone unit. While sold as mapping
    Only, I have always used it for sonar.
    The older LCX "M" series had the same features. I really like the M series to
    bad Lowrance discontinued the line...