Nolin, Rough, Green or Barren?

Got the day off tomorrow, Any Ideas on which lakes are fishing the best right now?

2. Member
    All tough right now. Personally, I'd recommend Nolin and throw a topwater. Should have a good chance at decent numbers.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

An optimist would ask which one of those lakes are fishing the best. A pessimist would ask which lake is the lesser of the four evils

I have no first hand knowledge of Nolin, Rough or Barren but I assume they are about the same as Green since all of south central Ky has been on the same weather pattern for the last month...little to no rain and heat. What I am seeing on Green is a lot of stale water with pollen on top of the water and green algae in areas in the mid to shallow depths and a well defined thermocline in the deeper water. A good rain that would "flush" the system would greatly improve the conditions. Even with saying that I am starting to see fall patterns starting to develop even with poor water conditions. Tuesday 9/17 I had 4 keepers...3 barely and one 4+. Not a bad day but still not very good for numbers.

I would suspect all four lakes are fishing about the same but that is a pure guess on my part .

4. Member
    i was on Rough Saturday,all i can say is it's a miracle there are no
    more reports of boat accidents and deaths on that lake.

5. Member
    I fished Barren Saturday. Wasn't unbearably hot and had a nice breeze all day. Really struggled to catch anything though, one of my slowest days this year.

Thanks for the report...often people ask for an opinion and then they never follow up with their results so thank for report back.

7. Member
    I was on rough sunday. It fished pretty good for us. Had 14ish lbs. I do agree that lake has wayyy too many boats on it for its size. There was a 15 boat tourny on green saturday that took 17, 15, 13 to money but i hear its still pretty tough
    They aint got hands, set the hook