Thread: Wayne

Wayne

Please don't take this the wrong way. I see that you help a lot of people here on this forum including me. I'm knew to these units of today and are glad to see someone to seek help from. I was just wandering how you gained so much knowledge about of Humminbird electronics.

2. Member

3. Member
    What units do you have Rustedhook?

4. Member
    I have 2 Helix 10 mega SI G3N's.

Quote Originally Posted by rustedhook View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way. I see that you help a lot of people here on this forum including me. I'm knew to these units of today and are glad to see someone to seek help from. I was just wandering how you gained so much knowledge about of Humminbird electronics.
    Thanks for asking, I get that question occasionally.

Just got home from fishing using my Humminbirds.
    That is one of the ways I learn about them and how to use them.

Typically I have at least one on my desk for reference to check before I reply to some questions. Have three now. Did not need those today.
    I pretty much know how to operate them before I get on the water with them. I suggest you purchase a spare power cable PC-10 or PC-11 and run the units in Simulator at home--that way you will know what each of the buttons do and just need to see how to make the correct settings according to the conditions on the water.
    Probably the most beneficial is persons like you that ask questions and the more times that same question is asked, the easier it is to remember how to respond.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Best thread ever! Lol
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

7. Member
    Yes, Wayne is THE Humminbird GURU!!
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

8. Member
    Yes him is!!!! Wayne has helped me a lot of times . Really its a Humminbird Guru!!!

Thanks Wayne!!

9. Member
    Just reading Wayne's answers to other people's questions on here has allowed me to make so many connections as to why and how the graphs work. Not to mention the questions he's answered directly. An unbelievably good resource.

10. Member
    Wayne is number 1 on Humminbird Help Desk speed dial. ��

11. Member
    If I may ask, Wayne, I’m pretty sure you’re in your mid 70’s and hopefully been retired a while.... what did you do for a career prior to retirement? I’m always impressed at the depth of understanding you offer with the birds. Wouldn’t be able to enjoy mine like I do without you

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    If I may ask, Wayne, I’m pretty sure you’re in your mid 70’s and hopefully been retired a while.... what did you do for a career prior to retirement? I’m always impressed at the depth of understanding you offer with the birds. Wouldn’t be able to enjoy mine like I do without you

Yep, 76. Retired in 2005.

I worked at an insurance company dealing mostly with company owned properites--construction and maintaining, not any part of the actual insurance business.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

13. Member
    If Humminbird was smart at the very least they should offer him anything he asked for at no cost to him or a type of $ for all the help he gives. Can you imagine all the calls hb would be getting not to mention the wrong answers we will get. The few times I called I felt like the reps were using a scripted list of how to answer a question. I know there are others helping also sorry don,t want to make others feel not appreciated, as you are, but WAYNE is tops in my book Thanks Wayne for being so dependable!!!! Garry