Snaking transducer cable

2017 z521c sonar transducer went out (the 83/200 2d transducer epoxied inside the hull connected to Lowrance hds gen 3). I'm looking for advise regarding snaking the new cable from the bilge up through the port side to the console. Obviously the space is quite restricted so if anyone can share their experience I would greatly appreciate it. BTW, the boat stays on a lift at the lake - not on the trailer. Thanks for any "tips or tricks" before I tackle this!

2. Member
    Remove the vent plate on drivers side if you have one, mine is below key pad and run a wire snake along the side and up a bit until you can see it in the battery area. If unsuccessful try starting at back and run tape forward.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

If the one there now is no good and your putting one right back in it's place, tie a string to the old and pull it through then use that string to pull the new one. But I'm confused on the "port side" bit?

4. Member
    Just had to do this in my boat in the spring. If they old ducer is bad, just cut the cable, secure the new cable to it and pull it thru. It might take some fanaggling but itll come eventually.
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

5. Member
    Port Side? Naw....

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    also when pulling new transducer thru attach a piece of thin rope so you can leave it in there ,for the next time you need to run some wires
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

7. Member
    Isn't it still under warranty!

John

"through the port side to the console"
    Why are you going down the Port side to the console not the starboard?

Port side?

If doing the driver side, pull the seat, it helps a ton.

10. Member
    Just installed new electronics over the winter and the factory was nice enough to zip tie the transducer wires with the power wires so using it for pulling wasn’t working. I pulled the drivers seat, speaker on the drivers side and put a towel over the battery. Leave yourself a extra pull rope for the next best thing. Fiberglass pull sticks or a fish tape are your friend.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a pull stick that you screw together and do it that way. They come in like 3 ft sections and there are about 5 sections for $8.