Force trolling motor transducer options?

I have just purchased a 93sv plus with GT52 transducer and Livescope.
    Now that the Force trolling motor is out I would like to know if it can be ordered without the transducer and put my GT52 on it?
    Last edited by terminal eagle; 09-18-2019 at 07:48 AM.

2. Member
    This was a complaint that I had, but I'm slowly getting over it. It comes with the GT54. You can put a GT52 on it but it's an ordeal. There's a kit you need to buy and you have to completely disassemble the whole thing, run the 52 cable up through the shaft and put it all back together. I have the directions and kit but would have to lose a full day of fishing to make the change. I've grumbled about the GT54 but it's a good transducer. IMO for the difference in performance, it's not worth the work to change it out. The 2d is the same. The ClearVu is 800 kHz only where on the GT52 you can choose between 455/800. But the 800 kHz on it is really good and works very well easily down to 100 ft or more. The SideVu choices are 455 and UHD. The 455 is better than the 455 on the GT52 but the UHD sucks except at really close ranges. I just leave it on 455 all the time and have found that works quite well for me. I thought I would miss the 455 on ClearVu but I've not. It's good to have the ClearVu & SideVu on different frequencies anyway and even in the deep water I fish the ClearVu has not let me down. I've not recommended or endorsed the GT54 but it's not because that it's not a good transducer. It is quite good. But it is marketted as an UHD transducer and on that aspect I feel like it misses the mark. But, I don't see the point in going through the trouble of pulling one off and replacing it with a GT52 except in your case where you can't select that transducer.

You'd have to contact support or ask Todd if the transducer choices for the echomaps are going to include a non-UHD driver so the GT54. They've done that for the 7600 units and certainly could for the echomaps.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 09-18-2019 at 08:22 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Yes, both the Plus and Ultra units (with current software) will support non-UHD components of the GT54.
    Garmin Pro Team