Thread: Rub Rail

Rub Rail

An 8 inch section of my rub rail has popped out of the rub rail retainer. Does anyone have any tricks that would make reinstalling it easier? I am a little worried that I might damage the insert.

A little lubricant a couple of flat blade screwdrivers . take your time it should push back in without much trouble. should have a small lip on both edges one will go in real easy then use the screwdriver to press the other side in.

some of them can be progressively tapped back in with a rubber mallet. starting where it is still in the track and slowly working your way back tapping to the end.

4. Member
    Lightly apply some dawn dish soap
    2019 Phoenix 920 ProXP
    Mercury 250 4S ProXS

5. Member
    Warm it up with a blow drier prior to tapping it back in. I had a screw back out and that popped my rub rail out. Might want to check.

I slapped mine in with my palm as soon as I saw it , twice in different areas. Seems to work good if you fix it as soon as you see it
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Member
    Maybe put a dab of silicon or construction adhesive stuff behind it before pushing back into place.

I feel like my post 2 up was a jinx, but yesterday I popped out another 8". Haha so I tried smacking it in like I said. It didn't work but I tucked the bottom in then smacked the top in with my hand.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

9. Member
    You probably have a couplepinning screws popping out. You will need to remove that part of the rub rail, re-insert the screws, and put the rubrail back in it's original holes.