Lynx Performance / Prop

I'm getting the Lynx even more dialed in! I've decided the Fury props are the best fit for me. I have both the 4 and the 3 blade in 24 pitch. Out of the box I was getting 74 mph with the 3 blade and 71 with the 4 blade. I spoke with Ronnie Gilbert about tuning the props and was very impressed with his knowledge. I decided to send the 3 blade in first. While I was happy with the top end speed, I was hoping to gain some lift and mid range on the 3 blade. Ronnie added rake to the Fury 3 and added a unique texturing to rear edge of the blade. The mid range and top end has improved. I had her up to 76mph the last time out. (just me, full fuel, empty livewell) Still not the lift of the 4 blade but improved lift and handling. I start the Atlas at 6... I drop the plate and add trim until I get to 50mph. I then raise the plate to 4. The 4 blade goes back next. Ronnie says he can get added speed while not losing the other positive attributes of the 4 blade. I'll post the results! Nice job Ronnie Gilbert

2. Member

I cant wait for some hard water around here so I can send my props in to get worked by him.
    2002 Basscat Sabre Merc 150 XR6
    Humminbird Electronics
    Ionic Lithium Batteries

I did the same thing on mine, I'm running the Gilbert worked 24 Fury 3 on my SHO powered Lynx. I gained a few mph on top end as well.

4. Member
    Can you post a pic of the “texture” and what did he say it will do ?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty34 View Post
    Can you post a pic of the “texture” and what did he say it will do ?
    The texture is and area around the blade tips. Its from glass bead blasting. Removes the shine. Why its done, I'm not sure. That would be Ronnie's input.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

It is bead blasted.

Not sure if it smooths out things hes done to the prop or what it does. As bass cat states he glass beads it or something. Makes a nice texture on there. I had a 25p fury 3 worked for my 17 puma and it drastically changed the performance of the boat. Like you I have decided on the 4 blade. I now own two of them and when winter sets in may send one off to Ronnie for tweaking. Heres a pic of the last prop as someone wanted to see the edgePROP.jpg
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

8. Member
    It's more or less a signature on the trailing edge and smooths things out as said above. Does nothing as far as performance.

prop.jpeg