Henderson Harbor area

Anyone fishing the area lately? How's the bite? Thinking about heading up this weekend to try and put a few in the boat. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Joe
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Anyone fishing the area lately? How's the bite? Thinking about heading up this weekend to try and put a few in the boat. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Joe
    Wow ???
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

Its a tight lip group! LOL When are you heading up Vince?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    There is a bass nation tournament out of Henderson on the 22nd. Could be why everyones not sharing. Ive heard its fishing VERY good...

5. Member
    Between the BFL, the Costa, and the nation tournament a lot of guys probably don’t want to share. People also don’t want to put out specific information on a public forum especially with nothing in return. The guys who are very good at that river spend years to figure it out, they aren’t going to give it up just because someone asked. I have heard that the river bite is good though, however heard the main lake isn’t as good as it usually is, could be the delayed fall we are having or just an off year. Once the daytime temps start dropping to fall temps it’ll be ridiculous
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Thanks gents! Wasn't looking for specifics just if I have a chance at catching something. I fish Erie and understand the tight lip thing. If we get the chance to get up there I'll let you know how we did. Any of you fishing the BASS nation Tournament on Sunday?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

7. Member
    If you do go up, bring the A-Rig, spinnerbait, finesse swim jigs, drop shot and tube. I like the 3” xzone slammers and the strike king dream shot in kvd magic the most. Tubes anything green pumpkin
    1995 Ranger 481v

I have to say the fishing was tough. A ton of guys out there and every spot I had or found you could only fish it for a few minutes as it was like flys to crap. Didn't put a fish in the boat so we ran to guffin bay and same scene over there too...bass boats everywhere. Decided to call it a day and head in. We didn't fish the lake on Suday since the launch was going to be packed as well as all of my spots so we decided to fish Redfield/salmon river reservior. Never fished there and it was the same....not a fish. The reservior was way down and not knowing the place there were a few shoals that almost bit me. we'll try again another time.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

9. Member
    Ita not fun being on the water with the nyfed guys. Not speaking for all of them but they have quite a few known for the bent pole pattern. Usually just stay away from whatever lake they are on. Stinks it ruined your trip. Next time head up to clayton and find some water they aren't on

10. Member
    Redflield can be hit or miss. It’s a quantity lake rather than a quality lake but man when it’s off, its a good chance everyone will zero. Next time your up this way take a swing at butterfied, Onondaga, or if you have time head to the mountains and fish Raquettte Lake. It’s quite a bit out of the way but the atmosphere and quantity of fish will make up for it. Only time I’ve seen another bass boat on that place was when we have a club tournament.
    1995 Ranger 481v

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Redflield can be hit or miss. It’s a quantity lake rather than a quality lake but man when it’s off, its a good chance everyone will zero. Next time your up this way take a swing at butterfied, Onondaga, or if you have time head to the mountains and fish Raquettte Lake. It’s quite a bit out of the way but the atmosphere and quantity of fish will make up for it. Only time I’ve seen another bass boat on that place was when we have a club tournament.
    Redfield was off for everyone I spoke to. The place is full of humps and trees on the bottom but It was like the dead sea out there. I'll have to try those places as I'm ok with quantity over quality specially when the Mrs. is with me.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Redfield was off for everyone I spoke to. The place is full of humps and trees on the bottom but It was like the dead sea out there. I'll have to try those places as I'm ok with quantity over quality specially when the Mrs. is with me.
    Hard finding a place that isnt pretty Off right now , its a struggle till we get some cooler water.

13. Moderator
    Son and I had luck in Guffin bay
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

14. Member
    ECobb.... which boat launch are you using on Raquette Lake ? The state launch in the campground doesn't seem friendly for bass boats.

15. Member
    Haha ya that one sucks, it’s a sand launch so any weight will cause the trailer to sink in. The town launch is the best one I’ve used. You park by the church or by the Tap Room. It’s a public launch that’s maintained by the Tap Room/supply store owner so it’s free launch and parking. Burke’s Marina is a good launch too, but costs about $5 to launch. The owner of the marina is very strict about invasive vegetation so if there’s any weeds on the trailer (dead or not) she might not let you drop in at all.
    1995 Ranger 481v

16. Member
    Haha ya that one sucks, it’s a sand launch so any weight will cause the trailer to sink in. The town launch is the best one I’ve used. You park by the church or by the Tap Room. It’s a public launch that’s maintained by the Tap Room/supply store owner so it’s free launch and parking. Burke’s Marina is a good launch too, but costs about $5 to launch. The owner of the marina is very strict about invasive vegetation so if there’s any weeds on the trailer (dead or not) she might not let you drop in at all.
    That's a huge help. Thanks ! I may go up there this weekend. I've never fished Raquette before and am in the mood for something new. I tried Long Lake once and didn't catch a single fish.

17. Member
    Long lake is a hit and miss lake like redfield. My club has had tournaments on that lake every year and sometimes you need 20lbs to win, other times you need 10lbs. Raquette is a lot of fun. Be careful especially near the islands, there’s some rock under water that’s not marked. I was on the trolling motor in 10’ of water and the lower unit bumped into a rock that stopped us in our tracks. My clubs classic tournament was this last weekend on Raquette Lake and winning weight was around 12lbs a day and most came in with 7lbs or so. I didn’t fish it cause I’m still working on getting this new (to me) boat set up so can’t help with what baits we’re working haha but it was pretty slow
    1995 Ranger 481v