Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Ohio flippin bite

My son really wants to hone in his flipping skills. I don't flip a lot. What lake in Ohio would be the best place to go flip some?

I would normally just go to Oshay as there are no other distractions from flipping. The water there is so low that there isn't anything to flip right now.
    Last edited by XChris1632X; 09-17-2019 at 09:44 PM.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

2. Member
    depending on what you want to flip Indian or Lorime, you can also flip harbors at Erie

Mosquito lake in the spring around May is a really good place to learn to flip wood and bushes and stays a good bite for awhile also. During the summer month's you can flip weeds also
    Last edited by RANGER487; 09-18-2019 at 08:15 AM.

4. Member
    indian by far around here, but we flip every lake we fish
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

5. Member
    Mosquito

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    indian by far around here, but we flip every lake we fish
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ correct

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RANGER487 View Post
    Mosquito lake in the spring around May is a really good place to learn to flip wood and bushes and stays a good bite for awhile also. During the summer month's you can flip weeds also
    ^^^Don't listen to this^^^Mosquito is a mud hole, with no bass in it!

Quote Originally Posted by OhioChamp183 View Post
    ^^^Don't listen to this^^^Mosquito is a mud hole, with no bass in it!
    There's already 100 bass boys on there every weekend what's one more

9. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I hear they’re doing fairly well at Buckeye now, and that’s a very good flipping lake. For me it’s always seemed extremely similar to Indian, and in your case would be closer. Also good flipping available at Alum and Delaware if you go north on those lakes [up the rivers].
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    I hear they’re doing fairly well at Buckeye now, and that’s a very good flipping lake. For me it’s always seemed extremely similar to Indian, and in your case would be closer. Also good flipping available at Alum and Delaware if you go north on those lakes [up the rivers].
    Indian is closer to me than Buckeye.

I don't usually fish any of these local lakes in the fall as I head south generally. How much longer is there a flipping bite to be had at any of these lakes? I have heard great things about Mosquito.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

11. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    How much longer is there a flipping bite? On the hard cover, any time through ice-in. When the pads are half-brown or worse, the flipping bite in the pad fields dwindles. Until then, which is at least a month away the way the weather is, you can flip pads all day long and possibly get bit. Hard cover is good any time.

12. Member
    Loramie has a ton of overhanging wood to flip. More than most.

13. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenMCC View Post
    Loramie has a ton of overhanging wood to flip. More than most.
    So does St. Mary’s, plus it’s 10 times as big as Loramie and 3 times as deep.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    So does St. Mary’s, plus it’s 10 times as big as Loramie and 3 times as deep.
    But what is the ratio of toxic algae (bacteria)? Just kidding.

CC is closest to me so my flipping skills are non-existent. You can catch fish in shallow cover in Ohio??

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Flyer View Post
    But what is the ratio of toxic algae (bacteria)? Just kidding.

CC is closest to me so my flipping skills are non-existent. You can catch fish in shallow cover in Ohio??
    LOTS of flipping cover at CC?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    MAGA

16. Member
    LOTS of flipping cover at CC?
    Yes plenty of cover but do you find them in it near the shore consistently? I spend most of my time off the bank there. Most of the larger bass I’ve caught at CC were considerably off the bank, but it could be that it is just more in my comfort zone so I spend more time fishing that way.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Flyer View Post
    Yes plenty of cover but do you find them in it near the shore consistently? I spend most of my time off the bank there. Most of the larger bass I’ve caught at CC were considerably off the bank, but it could be that it is just more in my comfort zone so I spend more time fishing that way.
    guy I know fishes there every sat. say 6-12 foot is best usually drags plastics mostly they get 5-10 per sat there he says. I have heard the humps is where the winning fish are though so your game plan likely best in a tourney. i was going there today but no one wanted to go so I stayed home and worked around the house getting ready for winter
    MAGA

18. Member
    guy I know fishes there every sat. say 6-12 foot is best usually drags plastics mostly they get 5-10 per sat there he says. I have heard the humps is where the winning fish are though so your game plan likely best in a tourney. i was going there today but no one wanted to go so I stayed home and worked around the house getting ready for winter
    Sounds about right. I don’t tourney fish, but after a couple years of boat ownership I started to get into the swing of finding bigger bass there, using electronics and targeting the deeper end of that range. Then I had kids, hours on the water plummeted, and I’ve found it harder to stay consistent out there. Still catch fish, just haven’t had a lot of size at CC the last few seasons.

Go to East Harbor and flip the brush and docks... he and you will not be dissapointed
    MAKING DONATIONS TO GREAT FISHERMAN EVERY WEEKEND
    2005 CHAMPION 188 ELITE

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hopin to cash View Post
    Go to East Harbor and flip the brush and docks... he and you will not be dissapointed
    I'd suggest doing this in the spring....right now it's a bit tough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast