2003 Stratos 21XL Magnum 6X0 Throttle Cable Replacement

Hi all,

I have a 21XL Magnum and want to revert back to my hand throttle as i have a hot foot installed. I have searched the internet trying to find out how to change the hand throttle cable but have found nothing. There is no access to the back of the throttle (flush mount) and i have removed the handle but i'm afraid to remove the center parts as i don't want anything to fall inside the boat and then unable to retrieve. Can anyone help me or guide me through this removal and cable install. I can have the cable added at my local marine shop but i love to know and do things myself. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Go to the Yamaha Motor section (board) and post your question. More likely to get an answer there. Your question is more motor related than boat related.

3. Member
    I figured this out myself. I also have no idea why people say that this is motor related, it's not. It may be a Yamaha Control Box but figuring out how to get behind it is BOAT related.

4. Member
    So you say. But I disagree. If Yamaha makes it go to the Yamaha section for help if needed.

5. Member
    Gotta ask, why the switch back?