Lost Ulterra Menus

I seem to have lost my Ulterra menu on my Helix 10 SI G2N. They come on once it is deployed, but previously I had a screen where the menus became visible once the Ulterra was turned on. How do I get the menu back?

2. Member
    What are you trying to do before it is deployed?(which menu) Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 09-17-2019 at 03:50 PM.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    To get the Ipilot Xpress Remote panel, press menu key once and turn on Ipilot Controls. If that's the panel you're referring to.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

4. Member
    EZ do you get the menu to come on with the TM stowed? Don't remember if you have a Solix or helix up front. Bob
    DK I cant get down to the boat to check(have a Solix anyway but should be the same) I don't think I have tried to get the remote panel on there before I deploy. I do know none of the GPS related functions will work with the Ulterra stowed though. I see where you might want to deploy from there though. Hopefully someone else has the answer for you. I also have my remote on the cradle next to the console unit. I will give it a try on mine this week if nobody gives you an answer. Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 09-17-2019 at 04:20 PM.

5. Member
    EZ do you get the menu to come on with the TM stowed? Don't remember if you have a Solix or helix up front. Bob
    DK I cant get down to the boat to check(have a Solix anyway but should be the same) I don't think I have tried to get the remote panel on there before I deploy. I do know none of the GPS related functions will work with the Ulterra stowed though. I see where you might want to deploy from there though. Hopefully someone else has the answer for you. I have used the pedal if the remote is not handy and up front. I also have my remote on the cradle next to the console unit. I will give it a try on mine this week if nobody gives you an answer. Bob

6. Member
    I have an Ultrex Link model but believe as long as the TM is powered on then the X-Press Remote Panel is available. Have to press Menu button once, then turn Ipilot Controls on. Not sure which menu Dkrum is referring to. There is also possibly menu options available when you press the power button. I think Ulterra options are even on all models from the power button...I see Ulterra showing even on my 998 model...LOL Wes

Assuming the panel on right of screen is what Dkrum is referring to.
    Gen1_4a.PNG
    Last edited by ezfishn; 09-17-2019 at 04:52 PM.
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

7. Member
    Hopefully someone has a Helix and an Ulterra and has tried this. Of course we have not even messed with the update levels on either one! Getting complicated.
    FLASH!! Just looked in the Helix/iPilot link manual on page 24. Ipilot Xpress menu you can deploy or stow the Ulterra. So If this is the menu you are talking about we have conformation it should work.(that menu should be working) Bob
    Last edited by bobcoy; 09-17-2019 at 05:31 PM.

8. Member
    Correction: I happened to have my boat available for fishing tomorrow and confirmed the TM (Ultrex) had to be deployed to be able to get the Xpress Panel shown in view above. Once I had the panel, stowed the TM and the panel disappeared. Should know better than to rely on my memory....LOL I'm assuming it would be same for Ulterra. When checking the manual, didn't see a requirement for the TM to be deployed (pg28 of my Helix Link manual).

Wes
    Wes
    2023 Phoenix 818

9. Member
    Page 24 specifies the Ulterra for deploying the motor so it would have to be there before deployment. Who know if they changed something on an upgrade after the manual was put on the site. Thanks Wes
    Note: Solix/iPilot has the same note but a slightly different Xpress remote with the stow button on it.
    Last edited by bobcoy; 09-17-2019 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Note

10. Member
    DK, I have found that the express remote menu in the chart view can be turned off. Page 28 in the Helix/iPilot link menu. See if it is on or off. Good luck
    Link to manual: https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...link-helix.pdf

11. Member
    Hi All and thanks for your help! Yes, I believe that it is the iPilot Express menu that I am referring on my Helix 10. I am going to follow the directions and see if I can get the menu back.The menu shown does not have the deploy or stow options shown, but maybe this example was done with a Terrova or other motor. I will try it and see.

12. Member
    BTW - I have not done the new software update yet. This happened since I last used the boat and it was working fine then. Strange!