2000 OX66 200hp oily intake

I've only been on the water several times this summer. Before that, this engine has been in storage essentially, not run for ~4 years while the boat has been having work done (by me, slowly....), kept in a heated and cooled shop. And I "winterized" back when it came off the boat. I installed fresh plugs, new VST filter, cleaned the O2 sensor (which wasn't bad), installed Carson reeds, and it's got an electric lift pump in place of the vacuum lift pumps.

I've noticed oily residue below the intake, as if its dripping from the little hoses that connect to the intake cover or the gasket itself. Gasket is in good condition on inspection. But I did notice this residue in each of the plenum ports, a little heavier toward the bottom, perhaps just due to gravity.

Engine runs ok far as I can tell. Hole shot is pretty awesome, I haven't had it opened up to the top end because I don't have a functioning tach just yet. I assume it's a fuel mix residue, any thoughts as to the source? Granted, this is always being checked after we come off the water, which means that before I check it, it's been idling to a ramp, small amount of throttle for loading, shut down, tilted forward and trailered home. So maybe it has to do with that sequence of events? Annoying, just gets everything oily and dirty. Like having stuff clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1bluemcm; 09-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

2. Member
    I could pull my airbox and take a pic of the exact same thing.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

3. Member
    Ok, good to know. So is this essentially crank case vapors condensing, that sort of thing? What's the source?
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

4. Member
    Maybe check valves in oil lines leaking .