Dobyns crankbait rod question?

In the champion xp series, how much difference is there between the 705cb mh fast glass and the 705mh mod-fast glass rods? I have the mh fast but it’s a little stiffer than I thought it would be. Looking for a rod for medium diving cranks. Wiggle warts, rock crawlers, 3xds, etc.

2. Banned
    personally, I think you already have the rod you're looking for.
    I've had both the 705cb in glass and in graphite. i like the graphite.

3. Member
    I would not reccomend the mod fast. If anything I’d go with the regular 705cb

4. Member
    I actually prefer the moderate fast rod for exactly what you are wanting to throw with it. I hardly ever pick up the mh fast glass. Use the moderate from everything that you mentioned as well as rattletraps and buzz baits.

5. Member
    I have both rods - and I am loving the 705CB Glass (Mod Fast) for those 1/4oz. All the bass has to do is inhale it

Cranking and 1/4oz lipless - 705mh mod-fast
    Lipless 1/2oz - 705CB
    Last edited by cbburke74; 09-30-2019 at 05:41 PM.

6. Member

DOBYNS

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    In the champion xp series, how much difference is there between the 705cb mh fast glass and the 705mh mod-fast glass rods? I have the mh fast but it’s a little stiffer than I thought it would be. Looking for a rod for medium diving cranks. Wiggle warts, rock crawlers, 3xds, etc.
    hello . the 705cbmf rods are softer and are much better suited for your use . I have 2 dc 705 cbmf rods and they are unbelievable .