Back to Toho for first time in a while this weekend, Anyone been out there lately?

The place is my nemesis. Either have phenomenal days, or get skunked or close to it. Been catching plenty numbers elsewhere, but ready for a bigger bite.
    Looks like bluebird, high pressure kinda day.
    Anyone got any tips?

2. Member
    You could check out chuck pippin on youtube he guides out there and you might find some info

3. Member
    every bit of cover out there is choked out with hydrilla right now
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

4. Member
    Can you still get around ok?
    I last went a couple months ago and it was pretty darn thick then. I imagine it's worse now.

Quote Originally Posted by Triton420 View Post
    every bit of cover out there is choked out with hydrilla right now

5. Member
    You can get around toho just fine. It’s finding the fish with all the topped out hydrilla that’s the hard part lol.

6. Member
    Well crap, maybe it's a Butler Chain weekend :(.

Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    You can get around toho just fine. It’s finding the fish with all the topped out hydrilla that’s the hard part lol.

7. Member
    Rolled the dice any way. Caught a few at first light. Boats around me were catching them too. Then, in typical Toho fashion, it shut off. One more random catch. Ran into to steering issues, and the day was cut short.
    You guys were not lying, looks like a different place with hydrilla everywhere. Choked out is a great term. I have no idea how to pick out good targets when it's like that.
    But, they're still the biggest, healthiest fish around....so it's always worth a shot.

8. Member
    Topped out hydrilla can be tough to figure out. I always have done the best just on the edge of thick stuff where it just starts to scatter out. Or if you can find pocket holes is what we call them spots you can cast to that has less hydrilla then the rest of the area.
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB