Thread: Spinning Chart

Spinning Chart

On the hds live units with the built in I gps besides going with ptp and changing the dampening what’s the fix for keeping the chart from spinning when not moving. You would think the money these things cost that they would work as advertised.

2. Banned
    Point1 and nmea network. You can’t build a heading sensor into a graph, no way too. That graph works exactly how it’s supposed too.

Well I suppose they could put an adjustable antenna into the graphs, that would just be another place for water intrusion though.

3. Member
    I would also recommend a Point-1, but until then you might want to try the "north up" setting, I would find the map spinning to be much more obnoxious than just the arrow.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

4. Member
    It has nothing to do with the unit and it is working as advertised. The issue you are experiencing is related to GPS NOT HDS! GPS is positional not directional. If you are moving, the GPS which takes position readings many times per second, can infer in what direction it is moving. If you are stationary the GPS cannot infer direction. So, if you drift even a little bit, the GPS infers that you are now moving that direction. With the Heading Up setting, the map will spin to place the point of the screen icon facing in the direction of the drift. A heading sensor pointed at the front of the boat, tells the GPS where the front of the boat is, so it can now show drift in relation to the bow of the boat. You cannot have a heading sensor inside the unit because every unit would have to be mounted the same way to every boat with the correct relationship to the bow.

If you fish waypoints offshore you simply must add a heading sensor. Make sense?

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_hand View Post
    You would think the money these things cost that they would work as advertised.
    With the money these things cost, you would think the guys buying them understood their basic functionality. ;)

6. Member
    Ya ya ya keep bumping them gums. Soon enough I’ll know everything and u guys will be asking me lol

7. Banned
    Ya ya ya keep bumping them gums. Soon enough I’ll know everything and u guys will be asking me lol

Google heading sensor, it’ll explain what you need to know.

8. Member
    I already have the point 1 just need to install it. My main concern was maybe a setting.

9. Banned
    I already have the point 1 just need to install it. My main concern was maybe a setting.

Just make sure you run a cheap compass around the area where you want to install the point 1, if the needle moves, then you’ll likely have interference while using the point1. After you install it, come back and ask how to set up the graph for the heading reading. (if you can’t get it figured out)

10. Member
    Ok will do thanks