200 SX/200 HP SHO question

I have a 2004 200SX Skeeter and recently put a new 200 SHO on it. I was previously running a 200 HPDI without a jack plate but decided to put a 10" manual jack plate on with the new SHO after talking with a few different people about running SHOs. Since putting the SHO on, the hole shot is fair at best and the nose wants to lose bite about 1/2 trim. I am thinking that the SX model was made to run without a jack plate, but I am not sure. I have tried 3 different props (2 different diameters, 2 different pitches). The motor and jack plate are set as low as possible without the steering hitting the transom when trimmed up. If anyone has any experience with an SX/SHO combo, or any advice, I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Back in the day I was looking at buying a SX200. As I recall you were not suppose to put a jackplate on that boat I would not run a 10 inch plate on that boat. Maybe a 6 inch or 4 inch to get some engine adjustment but that is as far as I would go. Check with a Skeeter dealer on your jackplate installation.

3. Member
    The SX hull is know for not wanting to turn when the jackplate is higher due to the design of the hull. I can’t speak for the SX 200 model but I know the SX186 I used to have Skeeter didn’t offer or recommend a jackplate be used. It would void warranty if it was installed during warranty period. My guess was because they didn’t come with the aluminum torque transfer system that the rest of the Skeeter lines had.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

4. Member
    Flash that baby to a 300. 200sho gets the best bang for the buck, it’s the exact same motor as 300 just different programming. If you keep the stock limiter you won’t void the warranty. Hammer down on it!!