Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Allison XB 21 Weight

I keep a spread sheet that logs all the weight in my boat. It makes making changes easy as I can use it to make sure my side to side weight is always right before testing. With all the testing I thought it would be fun to weight the boat and see how close my spread sheet is. I pulled everything out of the boat that isn't permanently mounted and put the boat on the scale.

It was a cool test, because I ended up finding nearly 70lbs of gear in my boat I don't need. I had multiple large sockets and an impact gun....

I bought two digital scales on amazon. Hooked a cherry picker to the back of the boat and a chain hoist to the garage rafter to pick the nose (I did calcs to make sure it would hold) and made the pick.

The total weight was 2,006lbs. That is boat, motor, and drivers seat. No batteries, gas, or trolling motor.

When I add batteries, gear, and gas back in that has me fishing right at about 2,750lbs with me in the boat and power poles. Pretty incredible the boat can clip along at over 100 and be this heavy.

I will give it to Allison. They make a bad to the bone ride.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Like I posted on your FB.... Mercury and Darris should put you on the payroll !!!!!
    AMAZING

Did you weigh the carpet after removal. ?

4. Member
    Yep mine is 2600 ready to fish without the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    I keep a spread sheet that logs all the weight in my boat. It makes making changes easy as I can use it to make sure my side to side weight is always right before testing. With all the testing I thought it would be fun to weight the boat and see how close my spread sheet is. I pulled everything out of the boat that isn't permanently mounted and put the boat on the scale.

It was a cool test, because I ended up finding nearly 70lbs of gear in my boat I don't need. I had multiple large sockets and an impact gun....

I bought two digital scales on amazon. Hooked a cherry picker to the back of the boat and a chain hoist to the garage rafter to pick the nose (I did calcs to make sure it would hold) and made the pick.

The total weight was 2,006lbs. That is boat, motor, and drivers seat. No batteries, gas, or trolling motor.

When I add batteries, gear, and gas back in that has me fishing right at about 2,750lbs with me in the boat and power poles. Pretty incredible the boat can clip along at over 100 and be this heavy.

I will give it to Allison. They make a bad to the bone ride.
    Light weight! LOL
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Like I posted on your FB.... Mercury and Darris should put you on the payroll !!!!!
    AMAZING
    LOL Thanks. I would settle for a 34 Promax from Mercury. I would even pay for it.....
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Did you weigh the carpet after removal. ?
    Come on..... You know the answer to that. LOL

The carpet and glue(what I could vacuum up) came out at 24lbs. I had some carpet and glue that didn't make the first wave. It was no more than 1-2lbs. So in total I would say a shade over 25lbs. That doesn't include the carpet under the top deck and in the compartments. That I didn't remove.

IMG_4989.jpg
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    you removed the carpet from your boat??
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Yes. I’m going to paint the top deck and go carpet free. Maybe do aquatraction as well. Got sick of the carpet. Lots of obstacles so it’s taking some time to finish.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

have thought seriously more than once about going carpet free.. I'm HARD on carpet. keep us posted.

12. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    I would prefer the sea deck material. Wish Allison installed it. Especially in the floor of the cockpit
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

13. Member
    It is really going to look bad on you Geoff....when somebody drops a 450R on a Nitro and blows your doors. Especially after all that work of taking the weight out. Ranger, Nitro? LOL! Messing with ya buddy. You are way out front of my meager little tests. Keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    It is really going to look bad on you Geoff....when somebody drops a 450R on a Nitro and blows your doors. Especially after all that work of taking the weight out. Ranger, Nitro? LOL! Messing with ya buddy. You are way out front of my meager little tests. Keep it up.
    Working hard to make sure that doesn’t happen. The boat ran well this morning
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Quote Originally Posted by River Rocket View Post
    Working hard to make sure that doesn’t happen. The boat ran well this morning
    And the results were??? Either you share or someone else might lol
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Quote Originally Posted by tritontr21 View Post
    And the results were??? Either you share or someone else might lol
    LOL In good time...
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

17. Member
    I think I'm going to remove my carpet and paint my decks and lids as well. I've gone back and forth about the alternative foams but the reviews are just all over the map.

Geoff, what kind of paint process are you considering?
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

I quoted out Awlgrip yesterday. About $600. Going to roller it on. It gets cheaper if I don't anti-slip it. I'm not certain I need to. Right now my deck isn't anti slip and it isn't slippery at all.

The only down side I have found so far is if a fish breaks free. You can't pin them against the floor.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

19. Member
    What about your rods and reels laying on the deck, any early assessment of how rough the hard surface will be on them in actual conditions?
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

Surprisingly nothing Joe. I’m only looking at the reels though. Only the reel handles touch. I was thinking if I don’t go aquatraction that I would need to at least put a little strip down. Haven’t seen the need for that.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast