1980/2080 Deck Angle at Rest?

I've been running a Ranger RT188 for the last 5 years and have been happy with it but ready to move up. The Vexus line obviously has my attention. I've looked at them at my local dealer and am very impressed, but have not taken a ride yet. My question concerns the deck attitude at rest. In many of the on-the-water videos and photos I've seen, both the 19 and 20 seem to rest at a bow-high angle with a pronounced slope front to back, much more so than my RT188. I'm in my late 60's and my partner is in his mid 70's so standing all day and fishing comfortably on a sloped deck is a concern. Any real world input from those of you who fish these boats is appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by HighRez; 09-17-2019 at 07:19 AM.

I've fished from a 1980 for a few hours and did not notice the front deck to feel any different than my 521. Matter of fact when you are fishing from it you forget that the boat is aluminum! Front deck was wide and stable enough that two of us were fishing from it with no problems. Dartman did order up the 52" Ultrex for his boat and I think that was a good idea as he like to fish big water..Erie and Ontario.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I have an AVX 1880, and I came from Tracker ProTeam 165. My 1880 is a great wide level boat. I don't feel the boat sway or move at all when I have someone fishing on the back or in the front with me for that matter.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com

4. Member
    Good to know. Thanks guys. Believe it or not my main concern is the attitude of the rear deck. My partner enjoys running the trolling motor, but at his age he does it seated at the bow. I fish standing on the rear deck and was concerned with deck attitude based on photos and videos. The 2080 intro video with George Liddle shows the boat with a noticeably sloping rear deck. So much so that it looks like he's having to adjust his stance while standing at the rear of the boat. (video link below.) I know ... the only way to find out is to go take a ride. But if I do, based on all else I've heard, I'll have an RT188 for sale!

I have a 1980 w/ the G2. Sitting in the water, it does look like it sits a little bow proud. However, when fishing by myself or with a co the boat honestly does fish very flat. I don't notice any lean. Also, when someone is fishing from the back and moves around, the boat is solid, very little side to side movement. I agree, you should get out on one to see if it is a good fit for you, but be prepared, the ride and performance is next level and you'll be sold when done.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

I made the jump from the RT188 to the Vexus 1980 last month. The front deck fishes flat and more stable that the RT188. Also, my dad fishes fishes off the back and he has bad knees and trouble with his balance. He says the Vexus 1980 is a lot more comfortable for him to fish out of. The Vexus is a very solid boat.

2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112
    Humminbird Helix 12 and 9

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz70b View Post
    I made the jump from the RT188 to the Vexus 1980 last month. The front deck fishes flat and more stable that the RT188. Also, my dad fishes fishes off the back and he has bad knees and trouble with his balance. He says the Vexus 1980 is a lot more comfortable for him to fish out of. The Vexus is a very solid boat.
    Thanks guys! Good to hear from a former RT188 owner too. I'll be taking a ride with my dealer real soon.

8. Member
    Keep in mind all the photos and videos the boats are empty. I thought the same, when I got my boat and loaded the gear it lays fairly flat.
    I am completely satisfied with my 2080.

9. Member
    I had an 1880 I recently sold and am getting ready to buy a 1980 or 2080, I never noticed a higher sitting bow when fishing. I seemed level to me when I was in the boat.
    2022 Avid 20XB | 2022 Yamaha SHO 200 | Minn Kota Raptors | Hummingbird and Garmin electronics