Lake panasoffkee?

I've never been here, any advice, etc...? Just see some basic info on my garmin app.... pretty shallow.... clear water? I'll be using my z20 boat

Thanks

Lot of weeds

3. Member
    And some big bass along with HUGE bluegill.

Quote Originally Posted by opaleski View Post
    Lot of weeds
    +1

Have your topwater ready though

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

5. Banned
    If You put in at Traceys™ just hit the 3 Long docks that are the first 3 that You come upon; Just traverse betwixt the 3.. Basstrix™ swimbaits w/a keel weighted hook; Swimjig.

I've enclosed a map photo below:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/La...!4d-82.1332818

6. Member
    When I went out there I didnt catch a thing....

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 17z20 View Post
    When I went out there I didnt catch a thing....
    Was it real weedy?

8. Member
    Yes... super weedy, some places weren't really bad but the majority seemed real weedy and real shallow

9. Member
    This was all I fished
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Banned
    Nothing off those long docks on that map I linked? Did You hit all 3?

11. Member
    I didnt see your post until after I fished..... I hit the 1st 2 though pretty good and nothing, with a frog, speed worm and a swimbait

12. Member
    Lew and I have done well there a few times but exclusively in early Spring or late fall.

Once it gets choked with weeds it becomes a late evening affair. I wouldn't fish there during the day.
    Question everything!

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’ve never had luck near the shore in Panasofkee. SE of Tracy’s Point I always drifted over the middle of the lake fishing the holes in the hydrilla either dragging a worm or working a spinnerbait. North of the river there was a house with a big flag pole you could see easily. Straight out in the middle of the lake from that flag pole was the deepest hole in the lake and had luck there in the past.

The bigger fish have always been north of the river for me. Then again....I fished the lake from 1998-2001 so it was a tiny bit ago
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I’ve never had luck near the shore in Panasofkee. SE of Tracy’s Point I always drifted over the middle of the lake fishing the holes in the hydrilla either dragging a worm or working a spinnerbait. North of the river there was a house with a big flag pole you could see easily. Straight out in the middle of the lake from that flag pole was the deepest hole in the lake and had luck there in the past.

The bigger fish have always been north of the river for me. Then again....I fished the lake from 1998-2001 so it was a tiny bit ago
    I'm with you. I hardly ever fish the shore on Panasoffkee. I used worms, rattletraps and swim jigs. I haven't fished the lake in 8 years, but my best months were December - March. I used to have some great days. 30 bass days with the biggest 5 being in the lowers 20 pound range. Won a couple small tournaments with 20 pound bags too. I may give the lake a try again in December.
    Brad Krone

15. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Hell I may have to try the place out this winter too. I heard it was dead 2 years ago but if they leave the damned lake alone and let the hydrilla grow that place used to be great! The shell cracker bedding season was crazy there! When I started fishing there I was 13 so I didn’t know what I know now....those beds were so easy to find back in the 80s!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV