G2 lower unit leaking.

I noticed a light film of oil on my lower unit. The motor is trimmed up in the stow position and it appears to be coming from under the prop and down the LU.
    Does anyone know off hand if this is covered under warranty?

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    More likely to be an insurance claim, but it depends upon the source of the issue. Fishing line cut the seals? Hit something and the prop shaft is out of round? Etc.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

If your motor is still under warranty and it is a factory part failure or workmanship problem, it should be covered as long as it was not impacted or damaged by neglect or accident. Your dealer is the one who has to examine your motor and take care of any warranty issues.
    -----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

Last trip out I hit a shallow spot idling but it was an all mud bottom. I have 225 hours on the motor and have made contact with the bottom and debris which have been worse and nothing has happened. I inspected the prop and it's still in good shape. It spins true. If paint wasn't missing on the skeg then it would look fine.

Guess I will have to take it to a dealer and have them decide what type of claim it is.

Thanks Guys