Auto drain, drain plug

Not a cable operated plug, but one you never remove and it drains any water in bilge when you put it on the trailer? I haven’t found one with good reviews. Some states are getting really pizzy about removing the plug, something I have never done in a Charger boat unless it rains. Anyone using one that works?

No, I use a Cooler with cold packs so the ice in cooler thing isn’t an issue.

2. BBC Lifetime Member Fish TR19's Avatar
    I have been using this for a few years now with no problems.
    https://www.amazon.com/Digger-Anchor.../dp/B075G2CZPM

3. mikesxpress
    The Amazon reviews don't look good. If it's sealing is dependent on a ball/seat and any debris get between them it's going to leak??

4. Member
    just stick with a plug. At least you know you plugged it so you're not relying on a auto plug that can be defected.
    50th Anniversary
    1998 Skeeter Zx195C
    200 V MAX

Quote Originally Posted by joexiong View Post
    just stick with a plug. At least you know you plugged it so you're not relying on a auto plug that can be defected.
    Yea it is on a Charger, WAY back under there. thanks for the replies.-- I read the reviews--- wasn't promising.

6. Member
    I was looking at a new boat the other day. Finders front and helm. Remote switch for live well open and close and for recirculate. Nice TM up front, big motor in back plus 2 Talons. Looked way up under to see the lowly manual bilge plug. Only way to get to it with those Talons would be on your back.

7. Member
    Use the flowrite remote drain plug. Works good for me. My triton plug is way in there too.