Towing vibration

This weekend I noticed about 60-65mph my truck was vibrating. I just had new tires put on the 2008 Z520 trailer in June. What could be causing this vibration?

Were the new tires balanced when installed? Some tire shops say it is a waste to balance trailer tires?

3. Member
    They were supposed to, I will have to call them, they do road force balancing there.

4. Member
    Could be internal belt separation. If they are Chinese tires it would not surprise me.

Your boat trailer typically won’t cause your truck to vibrate. Have your truck tires checked. If your trailer tires were out of balance you would have seen your trailer shaking while going down the road right after the install. I would say You have a truck tire problem. The speed that you describe is usually tire balance but could also be separation.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

6. Member
    I felt my steering wheel vibrate on my F150 both times my Carlisle trailer tires failed due to internal tread separation. Going down the interstate both times at 70 mph. First time I ignored the vibration because I did not know what was about to happen. The second time it happened I pulled over and checked my tires on my trailer. Could not see anything or feel anything on the tire. Got back in the truck and shortly after getting up to speed, the tire blew taking out my boat fender.

7. Member
    I chased a vibration in mine for a while. Swore it was in the truck, but ended up being a bad tire on trailer. Had a high spot and was wore on inside.
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66