Stratos Boat Seats

Sorry long POST:I bought a set of new seats from bass boat seats and I now need to remove the seats on my Stratos 201 pro xl. I pulled the seat cushion and the back cushion out but I am not sure what to do next. I know there is a fuel tank under and behind the seats and I think I read somewhere that there is an aluminum plate under the seats and I was wondering if anyone could supply some pictures of how this could be removed so that I can remove the existing seats and install the new ones since they have a hinge that you install and the seat will fold up for storage underneath and the back attaches to the back wall.. Under the existing seats there are4 heavy duty screws and the back seat frame is attached with one screw directly in the middle so it has me a little stumped as to how to remove without damaging anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Russell
    2008 Stratos 201 XL
    Greenville,SC

No idea if your 08 is like my 95. Mine has a piece runs across behind seats - screwed down. about a foot wide. Runs from front edge of livewells and rear storage compartments, forward to wall behind seats. It has a turndown about 2" and acts as a cap for the piece the seats attach to. Remove that piece after removing seats. Mark seat placement first if any doubt. Screws on back side of the top cap go in from the compartment/livewell openings. There are a couple down the sides to the floor and then there are screws across the bottom edge into the floor. One big honkin' piece. Really need 2 people to take out / put in, or you'll tear something up and piss yourself off.

It's not a fun task - did that when recarpeting. It was easier figuring out screw placement with most of carpet cut out.... If there is ANYTHING else you want to accomplish while those 2 pieces out - DO IT THEN.

Hope this is of some help. Might be completely different on your model year.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-16-2019 at 08:42 PM.

3. Member
    Thanks I thought that might be the case, just wanted to be sure before like u said started on it and then said oh crap I just messed something up and now I got to fix that too.
    2008 Stratos 201 XL
    Greenville,SC

After you take out the bottom and back inserts there should be one or two screws in each that holds the seat to the bench area. Under the bench area is where the gas tank is so if you are installing new seats be aware of how much of the screw is going through the bench.
    Brad Whitaker
    whittyoutdoors.com --- Use code BBC5 at checkout for 5% off
    Whitty Outdoors handmade crankbaits

08 Stratos 201XL 250 HO E-tec
    05 Weld-Craft 1852 semi-v 115/80 Mercury jetdrive