Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

New Jason Christie Spinnerbait

Anyone thrown this yet? Just picked up a few of them and planning to throw them this weekend. $9 each which isnt the worst. about war eagle prices. they are a little different and not just repackaged crap with jason Christies name on it. head is something like ive never seen...lets see if it actually makes a difference. I figure at worst theyll be like the Jackhammer and stay low longer and good for burning, since the head has its weight lower set like the jackhammer head. Spinnerbait does look good with the paint, and head design....but the skirt is not wire tied! I wish it was because thats a game changer imo. My spinnerbaits will rot off their bands after a summer, maybe 2 in the boat....the wire ties are great tho since that wont be an issue. These have some sort of collar...but then have a rubber band on it. Prolly ended up being a cost benefit thing and theyd have rather kept it a $9 spinnerbait instead of an $11 or $12+ spinnerbait with the wire tied skirts.

Only issue I see so far, but interesting looking head. Ill let you all know if I get anything to bite it. Weather is still decent and shad are all over so hopefully they are still liking spinnerbaits this time of year.

What is it supposed to do different? Skirt is probably a "Hole in one" skirt band.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    What is it supposed to do different? Skirt is probably a "Hole in one" skirt band.
    just the guy I was thinking of when I saw the head! lol

I think it will just run better consistently. No roll and burns better. I gave it a shot cuz the head was different and not just another "game changer" spinnerbait! I like to let them sink and burn them up....so this might change how i retrieve a bit if it is a improved spinnerbait. We shall see tho.

For $8, you can get a SlingBladeZ with wire-tied skirt. I've been really impressed with them.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    For $8, you can get a SlingBladeZ with wire-tied skirt. I've been really impressed with them.
    Those have been in the wish list cart for a long time. Decided on these since Im a christie fan....but the Zman look good too, just havent heard much about them so they lost that wow factor these had since theyre selling out. Plus I saw wheeler throwing it on that championship he won!

How do those fish when you burn them? Stay down? they got the weight low too, so Id figure better than war eagles new stuff?

Go to Wal Mart. Buy a small spool of craft wire for $2.00 and handtie all your spinnerbaitand jig skirts. Its easy. Apply wire with skirt collars still on if you want.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Go to Wal Mart. Buy a small spool of craft wire for $2.00 and handtie all your spinnerbaitand jig skirts. Its easy. Apply wire with skirt collars still on if you want.
    ^^^. Yep that’s all you gotta do. $2 and you can hand tie every bait you got.

8. Member
    Looks like the Megabass heads to me.

I have never had a spinner bait “for a summer or two”... smallies around here hammer them. Sometimes I am lucky to get a trip out of them. Went through 2 in two hours yesterday when it got windy in the afternoon. Brand is War Eagle.

You know for about 2 bucks at a hardware store you can buy a roll of wire that will last forever.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post
    Those have been in the wish list cart for a long time. Decided on these since Im a christie fan....but the Zman look good too, just havent heard much about them so they lost that wow factor these had since theyre selling out. Plus I saw wheeler throwing it on that championship he won!

How do those fish when you burn them? Stay down? they got the weight low too, so Id figure better than war eagles new stuff?
    if you saw wheeler throwing it in a tournament that’s all you needed to know. I’ll be buying a bunch.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

12. Banned
    Thank you! had no idea it was that simple! lol I did get to tying a few old spinnerbaits I liked with 50# braid. Will definitely do this because the wire tie is a big step up!

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    if you saw wheeler throwing it in a tournament that’s all you needed to know. I’ll be buying a bunch.
    I ordered a few flat brim hats as well to ensure success. BPT here I come!

I picked up a couple of the muddy water color ones. Haven't fished with them yet but they look good in the pool.
    Currently boatless but will always drive a Bass Cat

14. Member
    Nice blades

They appear to have top quality Hildebrandt blades

I picked up a few also. Haven’t been out to try them yet but they look really good. Love the Hildebrandt blades!

Quote Originally Posted by dmc575 View Post

I don't often fish them that way, but they don't roll over burning back to the boat for another cast. Biggest criteria for me is do the blades start spinning immediately, especially with double willow blades. These do. Durability and good hook are also important to me. I count the wire-tie as part of durability, as well as the actual wire durability. It's supposed to be a different kind of stainless wire that vibrates like piano wire, but is more durable. I've yet to break one, and they caught quite a few fish for me this year.

18. Scraps
    Or 24 or 26 ga wire from the hardware store.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eyra_kid View Post
    I like the head design on the SlingBladez but the skirt is kind of lacking to me. Not enough strands so I usually use a single tail grub trailer. They hold up as good as most if not better.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Member
    Looks a lot like the Zorro Wesly Strader spinner bait.
    Semper Fi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast