Thread: GPS HS Issues

GPS HS Issues

I have 2 gen 1 helix and a 859 networked together. Also a 360 in case it could possible matter. My issue is the GPS HS puck isn't being recognized at all anymore. Even the unit that the GPS is connected to directly doesn't show it. The connection looks fine, so I'm wondering what's going on. Any thoughts?

GPS antennas do fail.

If you frequently disconnect the cables from the display, you may have also damaged/misaligned the pins in the cable plug. Try attaching all the cables to the display without using the cable collector.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Moderator
    I had a HS GPS puck fail last year. Got a new one and it works great.

4. Member
    Thanks. Pins look fine, so I guess it failed. Only 2 seasons old though. Bummer.

5. Member
    Maybe plug it into another unit to confirm the puck is bad. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Maybe plug it into another unit to confirm the puck is bad. Bob
    Will try that. Thanks

7. Member
    I had one go bad this year too. It just would not lock on enough satalites. I actually already had a spare one in the boat so I unhooked the old one and plugged in the newer one and everything worked perfect. Plugged old one back in... and it would not pick up enough satalites to show "enhanced". Sometimes would say "2d Fix" but then bounce in and out of that. I know you are saying you are not getting anything out of it, but I guess they can act differently as they go bad.
    Joe

2000 Viper Coral 202
    2001 Mercury 200 EFI

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sbassin22 View Post
    I have 2 gen 1 helix and a 859 networked together. Also a 360 in case it could possible matter. My issue is the GPS HS puck isn't being recognized at all anymore. Even the unit that the GPS is connected to directly doesn't show it. The connection looks fine, so I'm wondering what's going on. Any thoughts?
    You do have the heading line turned on don't you (option appears in Sonar menu when HS antenna is selected as GPS source for that unit)? I just learned this recently because I didn't even know I had the technology available. You have to turn it on. Default has it off I believe. Something to double check.