Thread: 2020 live wells

2020 live wells

does anyone know if Phoenix changed the plug in the bottom of the live wells to a remote dial for 2020?

2. Member
    hope not. THose plugs don't tear up
    Matthew 6:33
    2020 921elite

3. Member
    I don't disagree that a plug is a simple solution but recently in a tournament fishing out of a friends 921-PHX we did not put the plugs in (I did not know about the plugs) but I heard the fish flopping around we made the correction. Then after he asked me to pull (drain) the live wells which meant I had to roll up my sleeves to reach through the fish water :-)

I liked the boat but wanted to know if they made a change in the new model year?

4. Member
    Why didn't you just turn on the pump out switch on.
    no need to have to roll up your sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromer View Post
    I don't disagree that a plug is a simple solution but recently in a tournament fishing out of a friends 921-PHX we did not put the plugs in (I did not know about the plugs) but I heard the fish flopping around we made the correction. Then after he asked me to pull (drain) the live wells which meant I had to roll up my sleeves to reach through the fish water :-)

I liked the boat but wanted to know if they made a change in the new model year?
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I love the plug style that they have.....i had a skeeter with the valves and never could get it to seal correctly to keep the water in......was happy when i got my Phoenix and saw that it was plug style.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I like the plugs also , I always had valve issues to, but adding them is a easy fix, this is my buddies 920
    livewell drans.jpg
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Drew, with those "open/close" valves all yall did was "cut-in" the valves into drain line?
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Drew, with those "open/close" valves all yall did was "cut-in" the valves into drain line?
    yep just basic open close valves in the drain lines, he said if they give trouble later on he still has the option for plugs but he was planing to put screens over the drain holes to keep out the debris
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

I prefer the plugs too

10. Member
    Let me tell you , replace the whole plug and the what looks like stainless steel through hull that you push the plug into it is cheap plastic. I broke where the hose hooks up to the through hull on the side the bilge is on. When I went to replace it I checked the other one and with a light pull on the hose the other one broke too. Someone on here told me they replaced theirs with a stainless steel through hull from West Marine but was unsure of the model number. I did a bunch of research and found one on line at West Marine made by Sea Fit 3/4 inch. I had to go to a different plug though the one I found that worked the best is made by Walk Winn and it is red plastic and is like the plugs used on old aluminum boats you can adjust the size of the hole you can put it in. I promise you it will not pull out or fall out unless you want it out.

11. Member
    No they didn't go with the remote and glad they haven't changed.

I like the rubber drain plugs (had issues with the remote in freezing weather). What I wish for is a remote plug for the overflow ports so that when we are running big water we don't have to constantly plug and then unplug the overflow.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    I like the rubber drain plugs (had issues with the remote in freezing weather). What I wish for is a remote plug for the overflow ports so that when we are running big water we don't have to constantly plug and then unplug the overflow.
    That would be cool.

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I like the plugs as well!

15. Member
    Another vote for plugs, although I really like the idea of a remote switch for the overflows.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleagris1 View Post
    One of the best ideas I’ve heard!!