Thread: Which lake?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    When I leave work in the city at 10pm and get to oneida the temperature is always 5-10 degrees less so those air temperatures are alittle misleading. The water stayed cool all year. I will be out after this rain blows through and report on temps

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    When I leave work in the city at 10pm and get to oneida the temperature is always 5-10 degrees less so those air temperatures are alittle misleading. The water stayed cool all year. I will be out after this rain blows through and report on temps

3. Member
    Most of the rain missed the lake. Water has cleared right up but is still sitting at 68

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Was out today on Lake X Water temps were 67 fishing was super tough both for largies and smallies did better on the brown fish, had just shy of 12 pounds and for lake x thats an average bag but it was a struggle. Im convinced New York is in a fishing funk right now... I've never seen multiple good lakes so tough.. seems like everyone's saying the same.

5. Member
    I've never had 2 weeks on oneida like the last 2. I've never seen the fishing decline like it has. 2 weeks ago I was catching some decent fish....this week was absolutely horrible for me. I literally caught a 10 inch pickerel and a walleye today. So it's not just the bass it was all species in a funk. I saw piles and piles of bait and perch. Life everywhere. Not fishing the cashion for the first time since they started it and I always look forward to it. Pretty brutal

Fished Oneida yesterday. spent 3 days of practice. It is very tough. You need to find them,when you do usually will be quite a few and they are eating. Caught fish all day yesterday in one spot,took 3 days to find it though.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    Fished Oneida yesterday. spent 3 days of practice. It is very tough. You need to find them,when you do usually will be quite a few and they are eating. Caught fish all day yesterday in one spot,took 3 days to find it though.
    its a seriously tough bite in NY right now, I cant wait till water temps drop and the fishing hopefully improves.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    have a feeleing weights are gonna suck for the cashion, sure a handful will have good bags but overall weights will be down.. with alot struggling to get 5
    How was it?
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by zelmo View Post
    How was it?
    21 pounds of smallies won it i believe and a just over 20 pound bag of largemouth was second. however i dont believe that was a good reflection of how the fishing really was . No matter how bad the fishing is there will always be some that 'find them". I seen posts of guys saying how tough it was and the ones that did find them it took 3 full days of practice to find them but when they did they were hungry.

10. Member
    ill have to agree,it was terrible,thursday 1 smallie,1 largemouth,there was no pattern to catching them what soever,Friday never boated a bass,but did finally find some life on the graph at 2pm like 17-20fow, both fish and bait,had one bump on a drop shot but did not hook up so not sure what was going on down there,maybe they were smallies just the window was closed for them to bite ,did scrape up 14lbs Saturday proly culled 3-4 times also lost a few ,so it wasn't a total loss,but far from a good day of fishing on Oneida,and water temp still 67-68,couple more weeks,our fish were all green

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ammot23 View Post
    ill have to agree,it was terrible,thursday 1 smallie,1 largemouth,there was no pattern to catching them what soever,Friday never boated a bass,but did finally find some life on the graph at 2pm like 17-20fow, both fish and bait,had one bump on a drop shot but did not hook up so not sure what was going on down there,maybe they were smallies just the window was closed for them to bite ,did scrape up 14lbs Saturday proly culled 3-4 times also lost a few ,so it wasn't a total loss,but far from a good day of fishing on Oneida,and water temp still 67-68,couple more weeks,our fish were all green
    ya hope fully water temps get down around high 50's to 60 things will be way better... i was out yesterday same watter temps 67, fish were few and far between. and no pattern whatsoever junk fishing at its finest..

Like I said have to find them, weighed 17.53 all brown and yes they are biting what everybody is waiting for them to bite,threw it all day. 12 and change was 12 place so yes it is a tough bite.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

13. Member
    Yea I was out there on saturday too - had an ok largemouth bite going into it and that didn't work out. Quit that plan around noon and scraped up 12 something in smallmouth. Caught 7 keepers, dropped one at the boat that would've helped but thats fishing. My son was home sick all week, so I only managed to get out for a few hours of practice and never really checked on much smallmouth stuff.

On a better note, went to Cayuga on Sunday and they were biting. Caught 15+ bass with a few big ones mixed in, all on moving baits.

14. Member
    Heading to Oneida next week. Looks like the fishing is going to be tough. Anything happening out on the shoals for walleye?

15. Member
    we launched out of godfrey on Friday am about 8-815am 2 boats were coming in with there limits of walleye,took one 45 mins the other an hour and 15 min 35-40 fow

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234