Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Purdue Pharma makers of Oxycontin files for bankruptcy

2. Member
    Many here will say that's the proper thing to do, after all "It's only business"
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Many here will say that's the proper thing to do, after all "It's only business"
    Hate the game, not the player. They didn't make the rules and the laws, just using them to their advantage to try to stay in business.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    Hate the game, not the player. They didn't make the rules and the laws, just using them to their advantage to try to stay in business.
    So it's ok making money at all costs with no penalties
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

5. Member
    They are living within the laws the people America let stay in political office. How many of them have been there since we were children? Should we even need these kinds of laws as a society when our money, government buildings etc...say “In God We Trust” on them? What a shame...

6. Member
    How the gov. does business in this is very hypocritical. The claim no fault then punish whomever they wish. They are as much the cause as the maker and the user, if not more. With me being the exception, my family is connected to the medical/pharmaceutical industry in various ways. Some of the things I've heard over the years just makes me angry.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BroWhoop View Post
    How the gov. does business in this is very hypocritical. The claim no fault then punish whomever they wish. They are as much the cause as the maker and the user, if not more. With me being the exception, my family is connected to the medical/pharmaceutical industry in various ways. Some of the things I've heard over the years just makes me angry.
    Didn't Johns Manville do something very similar when they had to pay for asbestos-related health issues. And the circumstances were similar. The govt. was well aware of the dangers of asbestos exposure, they chose to look the other way and focus on the benefits instead. BTW asbestos is credited with saving more lives than it has taken due to fire control etc. but that's little consolation to someone who can't breathe or is dying of cancer. Navy ships were full of asbestos. Shipbuilders and Navy men often got sick and everyone knew why. If you were Navy, they just gave you a medical discharge and said "Good luck." Same thing with cigarettes. How many cigarettes did the Army distribute to GI's over the years when anyone in their right mind should know that burning a trash fire two inches from your face can't be good for you. But then the feds bring suit, it's always the same line about how the corporations hid negative information and fooled everyone.

Does this mean my bottle of pills are worth more?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    They are living within the laws the people America let stay in political office. How many of them have been there since we were children? Should we even need these kinds of laws as a society when our money, government buildings etc...say “In God We Trust” on them? What a shame...
    +1

10. Member

11. Banned
    Any settlement was unlikely to ever benefit affected citizens anyway, the only entities that ever had a chance to "win" anything from this was Pharma Companies and the Government. No person that had their life ruined by the addictive scripts was ever going to see a red cent.

12. Member
    According to what they said on CNBC, Purdue will emerge from bankruptcy as a non profit run by Trustees that will administer it for rehabilitation and recovery. The funds will be used to sell at cost medicine to help treat those addicted. They decided to file bankruptcy instead of litigate so that all the funds were not depleted for litigation costs. That is apparently the plan in bankruptcy but we will see if their creditors are on board with that and whether it gets confirmed in that manner.

13. Member
    Question.
    Why is no one sueing the VA? They have been handing out oxy like pez candies. I was on oxy for 12 years. 30mg X 3 a day for years. It sucked and I hated going through the day in a haze or fog.
    Finally one day I said "F*** This!" and set them down. Thankfully I had very little withdrawal symptoms and able to get past the need for them.
    Do I still hurt? Hell yes I do!!!! I currently have 5 nerve root impingements in my lower back and I continuously refuse the oxycodones the VA offers me every month.

I find it very hypocritical. The government giveth and the government taketh away.
    Go Gators!

14. Member
    Government, Corporations, and Lawyers. We all get screwed by them and those 3 make out with the money.

Here in Kentucky our Attorney General who's running for Governor bragged about suing Pilot oil and Speedway for price gouging and he won a several million dollar verdict.

The Government got several million in fines. Pilot and Speedway made three times that much over charging for fuel. The lawyers on both sides went home smiling. We the people who paid taxes to fund the court and the government agencies and bought the over priced fuel didn't get diddly squat out of it. It makes some people feel good though I suppose.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Does this mean my bottle of pills are worth more?
    Put them on eBay so we can find out. Peakpharma!!

Saw this coming from a mile away
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

17. Member
    Bugging you non compliant sun of a gun LOL. I know, I am one as well. The VA threw all my pain meds away. I had a script for pain meds for about 20 years. One day the doc says I have to attend "behavioral health" sessions if I want my pain meds. I told them to pack sand and now I cannot even get codeine cough syrup. Classic pot calling the kettle black. That does NOT make what the makers of the drug did right!!! But, no one looking at the FDA and others inside the government who's #1 job it was to "keep us safe" I find big time hypocritical.

Some days are better than others, but I'll take life without the pills all day long and twice tomorrow vs life on those damn pills.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/13/h...e-opioids.html

The family that owns it, wired a billion out before bankruptcy, Swiss bank accounts, shady,
    Mike Wright '07 Ranger 520vx
    Henrico Va./Henrico NC.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Mike View Post

The family that owns it, wired a billion out before bankruptcy, Swiss bank accounts, shady,
    You can bet the Bankruptcy Trustee and the creditors are going to try and grab those funds and make them part of the estate. The court may not confirm the plan without those funds. It might have been a strategic transfer to give them leverage for getting the plan confirmed(I.e we will wire the funds back and make them part of the bankruptcy estate if certain parts of the plan are agreed to).

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaston Mike View Post

Miguel'dGaston- Check Australia and see how their opiate problem is going..

Unknown-2.jpeg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast