1242xsv transducers

What transducers are compatible to the1242xsv to show down vue and side vue with the highest definition, ducer would be going on trolling motor

Here are the compatible transducers with Side and ClearVu. For typical inland bass fishing applications, the GT52 would be what you want.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cTra...dProducts-desc
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Todd,

Would the GT50 be better enough to justify the added price? There was a post about the GT50 I believe.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1005312
    Last edited by TXSkeeterBells; 09-16-2019 at 09:35 AM.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXSkeeterBells View Post
    Todd,

Would the GT50 be better enough to justify the added price? There was a post about the GT50 I believe.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1005312
    I made the post about the GT50. I was very happy with the GT52 but the GT50 is a lot better. I bought mine on the boards here for about 1/3 the list price. For me it was extremely worth it. I fish rivers that are anywhere from about 40' to 140' deep and I can leave the SI at 800kHz all the time (it is straining at 140' deep since the width goes to 300'+ but it is still good enough). I also feel like the 2-d sonar is better but that is very subjective. I do seem to mark more fish close to the bottom with the GT50. If you do not own a transducer I would recommend getting the GT50. If you have the GT52 as part of a bundle I would use it for a while and then decide if you want something better.

5. Member
    GT50 is my favorite.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

6. Member
    +1. Vote for the gt50. Lately, I find myself using the GT50 800khz sidescan over the GT54 uhd. Like pdxfisher mentioned, the range is fantastic.

No question the GT50 is a great transducer. The OP said this would go on a trolling motor, and the GT52 is an easier and more common installation there.
    Garmin Pro Team

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    No question the GT50 is a great transducer. The OP said this would go on a trolling motor, and the GT52 is an easier and more common installation there.
    Good point. The GT50 is a monster...