Future Xpress boat owner??

Hey guys! I’m looking for some advice on xpress boats. I am in the market for an 2017+ Xpress X19 bass boat with a 200 Yamaha SHO. I have never ridden one before so I am not sure how they ride with it being an aluminum boat. I have owned a fiberglass bass boat before and know that with rough water, fiberglass is the way too go. But with my budget not exceeding 40k, as most new fiberglass boats are now days, Aluminum Boats have drawn my attention. I don't mind looking into fiberglass bots again but here are my reasons why I am considering an aluminum boat.

I fish shallow more than anything, I will fish out deep during the summer months to throw the crank bait and c-rig around. I like fishing medium to small sized lakes(Lake Hartwell, Buggs Island, Lake Norman, Falls Lake, etc), nothing like the BIG northern lakes with 8 footers. I want to own a boat that will save me money on gas and I can feel comfortable fishing in shallow water without being scared to get in the trees when the water is high. I am also wanting to fish some river systems as this is something i've never done but am willing to learn. What are yalls opinions on this boat? Thanks guys, I appreciate any input!

*FYI: I am looking for a 2017+ Xpress X19 or X21 with a Yamaha in the NC, SC, and VA area*
    Last edited by josephsharpe99; 09-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.

2. Member
    If you were blindfolded I would bet you would not know the difference in what boat you were in, in rough water. There are better designed hulls for rough water but it is not because of what they are made out of. Mine regularly sees 3'+ and I don't see a big difference between the glass hulls I have been in. With the Allison being the exception. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

How close to Brevard are you? I could give you a ride sometime on Keowee Or Hartwell.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

4. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    My X-19 rides as good or better than most fiberglass boats, a lot depends on the drivers experience in that boat. I know (after some practice) that I need to go a little faster than I was used to in a fiberglass boat to smooth out rough water in my X-19. (Warning your experience may differ)
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

My first choice was the 19' Xpress Bass boat. When I sat behind the helm, found it to be way too tight for me. If I was wearing winter bibs, I may not have been able to get out from behind the wheel. That sealed the deal for me. (I am 6'4", 275)
    Great looking rig. But "If it don't fit, must acquit!"

6. Member
    I am located at Kerr lake NC. If anyone is willing to give me a ride in the Raleigh Durham area that would be awesome! I need to ride in one first to consider buying one. Thanks guys!

7. Member
    I have a x-19 with a 175 that handles these southern lakes beautifully. I have mine listed on Craigslist and Facebook but go back and forth about actually selling it haha.
    2017 x19 175 sho