Help Please: Z519 livewell pump

2019 Z519 and first time to use my livewell to hold some suckers.

Push the livewell button and BOTH the livewell pump AND the timer button light up with no sound or water getting pumped into the livewell.

i can’t get the livewell button to light up on its own. The timer button always lights up with it no matter what I do.

what am I missing?

2. Member
    the action of the lights sounds normal to me. check at the pump to make sure you are getting voltage. this should be easy as ranger has the nice plug connectors that you can unplug and check the voltage to make sure when that when you push the livewell button you are getting voltage to the livewell pump. If you are getting voltage to the pump and the pump still isn't running then you have a bad pump.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Both light up. That’s normal. What isn’t normal is no water. Do you have the livewell selector set to “auto”? And it still doesn’t pump? If so, I’d put some water in the livewell [hose, bucket], set the selector to “recirc,” and then push the livewell button on the dash. You have 2 livewell pumps, with separate fuses, so I’d be very surprised if on a 2019 both pumps or both fuses are bad at the same time.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Since neither pump is working (at the lake and half filled w water in both recirc and auto modes), I wondered if it was the harness up near the console. Checked that and it seemed tight. I couldnt pull it apart though as it was so tight together. I am also contacting the dealer for suggestions.

jc2bg, thanks for the insight about the fuses as I wondered if they were on one or two...I agree that it seems unlikely that they would BOTH be out. Something doesnt seem right.

5. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Depending upon how far your dealer is and how much troubleshooting you’d like to do yourself, livewell pumps are simply 12 volts. You could splice into a lead for one of the pumps, supply power, and quickly determine whether that pump is capable of working. Or you can user a tester on the wires to one pump to see if power is being delivered. It’s one in a million, but with my luck both fuses would be blown. The fuse box is inside your starboard front-deck locker, up high and closest to the console. Just pull the cover off, look at the diagram, and pull one or both of the 5-amp mini fuses to check condition. Among things that are hard to believe, another one is that the buttons light on the dash but nothing works. Those lights are kind of iffy at times, but the things they are wired to usually work even if the light doesn’t come on.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

6. Member
    Turns out the fuses were blown. Both. I installed my own batteries and I bet it happened when connecting them. Thanks so much for the help here guys. Best outcome I could have asked for as my dealer is an hour away. Tight lines.