Small Crankbait Blank

Looking at Rainshadow. Any suggestions? Want to hover pretty close to 7' , don't want to go glass because of weight. I'm just getting back into rod building to increase my chances of not going insane this winter! LOL.

Think the 7' medium powered Judge would work great. I have one in my rack and it feels perfect for smaller cranks. Its setup to where the butt section is graphite and tip section is glass. I've heard nothing but good things just haven't had the time to build mine yet.

3. Member
    I built myself what I consider the perfect small crankbait rod on a nfc delta cb701-1. Amazing for a 1/4 oz and smaller crank and the first fish I caught off of it was a 37" musky so it will handle big fish also.

2022 Hog Island Skiff
    Johnson 70/40 jet

Bouncin' off rocks, and catching the smallies.

Potomac River Smallmouth Guide

Owner of Potomac Custom Tackle

Thanks guys, I'll look at both!

5. Member
    I built one using a rainshadow immortal spinning blank. The IMMS68ml-ts. And paired it with a Shimano curado 70 . It casts bomber square a 1/4 oz really well

6. Member
    If you want Rainshadow, my choice would be a popping blank. The Immortal IMMP70M to be exact (7'0 medium). I prefer popping blanks for treble hook duties (except small jerkbaits), and these are some of the best I've found.