Replacing 15” wheels with 14” wheels?

Had a blowout on my old Carslisle’s today while towing on the interstate. They are quite old and were ST205 75R15’s with. a 5 lug pattern. The other one is very worn as well so time to get new ones. I have seen the Goodyear Endurance highly recommended but looking at 15’s for those have a 6 lug pattern and I also found a great deal on those with wheels already mounted in a 14. Can I replace my existing with the 14s? I assume i could if lug pattern would be the same and there will be even more clearance in the trailer fender now.

edit: it is a single axle trailer.
    Last edited by UWBASS; 09-15-2019 at 08:04 PM.

If the wheels has a 5 on 4 1/2 lug pattern and a "0" offset then you could put them on. Personally I would not do it, I want as big a tire as the trailer will handle. Go with the Endurance.
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

3. Member

4. Member
    Thanks for feedback. I am still thinking on it. I definitely have decided I want the Goodyear Endurance. I found a lot of those e-trailer options also but not familiar with any of those brands. This is the one I was looking at for reference: https://www.overtons.com/goodyear-en...-r-321787.html

5. Member
    I almost bought those but I have 13” wheels and not sure 14” would fit right. Use the code summer15 for another 15% off.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

You can see all the specs for the Endurance on the GY site. If you can step up to a 215/14 it is .5" wider and .6" taller (dia) compared to 205/14, but still .4" less in dia that 205/15.

What boat do you have? Myself personally i will never buy another trailer tire on my old boat i actually upgraded to 15” wheels and ran cooper cs3 tires of the appropriate size and weight rating. Best move i ever made when the tires on the new boat wear out gonna do the same thing.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    What boat do you have? Myself personally i will never buy another trailer tire on my old boat i actually upgraded to 15” wheels and ran cooper cs3 tires of the appropriate size and weight rating. Best move i ever made when the tires on the new boat wear out gonna do the same thing.
    Basscat used to put Coopers on their trailers.

9. Member
    I just ordered a pair from Overton's. Got a 15% discount on top. Thanks. I've been looking at some new wheels and tires so worked out perfect.

10. Member
    I ended up ordering those also. Couldn’t pass up the deal for three of them with the extra discount to boot. Got them put on the Champ last night and those rims in those wheels look badass.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UWBASS View Post
    I ended up ordering those also. Couldn’t pass up the deal for three of them with the extra discount to boot. Got them put on the Champ last night and those rims in those wheels look badass.
    I am glad to hear that. It is a great deal. I only ordered 2. I have 2 brand new tires on older rims now (14") so I will use both as spares. I have a single axle on a bigger boat so I am happy to now have 2 spares for longer trips and these tires have a 300# higher weight rating so now I will be 800lbs on the + side.

12. Member
    What are you using for lug nuts?

13. Member
    I used the same lugs I had with the previous wheel, stainless steel ones. They seemed like they still snugged down well with the smaller wheel and obviously had fit my same hub before the new wheel. Is that not recommended or something?

14. Member
    Showed up today. Thanks for the link.
    Attached Images Attached Images