What is a Good Boat cover to buy ?

What is a good cover to buy for my Skeeter ZX185 ? It is a older boat so I really don't want to spend the money on a Aurora. Is there any opinions on the seal skin or Classic Accessories Storm Pro ? I am open to any brand.
    Thank You

2. Member
    Sunbrella is good and not too expensive.

3. Member
    Thank You

4. Banned
    I see Carhartt is making a cover... Dan

https://www.carvercovers.com/carhart...t-boat-covers/

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I see Carhartt is making a cover... Dan

https://www.carvercovers.com/carhart...t-boat-covers/
    Hopefully Carver has improved their quality and customer service. Just threw a 2 year old cover out made by Carver that cost me 700, the warranty department was of no service. Leaking POS.

Check out seal skins covers I have and love it.

7. TJNYSNP
    Look at the prices before you take our advice. Man, these covers can be incredibly expensive... Balance of value and price and fit are not easy

8. Member
    Anyone with experience with Empire Covers? www.empirecovers.com

I’ve bought a couple from boatcover.com. I just got mine the other day after ordering one labor day weekend. My boat stays outside and I’ve never had a problem with them. I will say, I only had the other one for a year before i sold the boat. But they seem pretty good for the price and I tow with mine on.
    1992 Gambler Intimidator with a 1998 Mariner Magnum EFI 225

My experience with boat covers is that you get what you pay for. I went through two "cheaper" brand covers in only a few years. Leaked like a sieve. Bit the bullet on a Dean's cover for my Champion two years ago, and couldn't be happier. Aurora from what I've heard is just as good.
    1993 Champion 190
    1991 Evinrude Intruder 150

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jlinmo226068 View Post
    What is a good cover to buy for my Skeeter ZX185 ? It is a older boat so I really don't want to spend the money on a Aurora. Is there any opinions on the seal skin or Classic Accessories Storm Pro ? I am open to any brand.
    Thank You
    I see that you are in Granby, MO. I had a custom boat cover done by a fellow in St Clair, MO. Try calling St Clair Auto body. They did a great job on mine.

My boat sleeps inside ( heat and AC) but if I tow any miles ( 300-400) I cover it. This cover is 17 years old. A guy in Omaha Ne. Has made my covers for years

14. Member
    I needed a new cover for my 2004 Stratos. The factory cover eventually dry rotted. I bought two covers from BPS and neither of those fit. I looked at Empire and other sellers on the internet but wondered if they would fail to fit properly. Also, a top of the line cover from them was $400 +. I called aurora canvas and told them what I wanted. Basically a mooring cover as I do not trailer with a cover on. They made me a custom fit cover for just a little more than one from Empire etc. I am extremely happy with my new cover. It fits perfectly and keeps the rain and sun out.

15. Member
    Deans only for me.

16. Member
    sunbrella is awesome!
    50th Anniversary
    1998 Skeeter Zx195C
    200 V MAX

17. Member
    If you want to tow with it you're going to have to spend some money. If you just want to cover it in the garage/driveway/hotel then the ones from boatcoversdirect.com are pretty good. I have one that is 3 years old, fits good and doesn't leak. I think it's 8oz material.

18. Member
    Aurora Canvas- Sunbrella Supreme or Auqualon. The sunbrella one will not scratch the gelcoat when towing. Pricey but a good one.

19. Member
    My old Champ sits outside and I bought this cover a year ago. I have been impressed after a year. It is not a custom cover but it fits well and is can tow with it. I have towed 8 hours with it with no problems. I am about 5 hours from them, called them and they recommended the length and it fits great. I ordered one day and received it next day. I bought the 12 denier cover.

http://www.vortexdirect.com/
    Danny