ps22 mounted on transome in downvue only

hi have any of you guys mounted a ps22 on ur transome in downview mode ,wanting to mount it parralel to transome. so when ur jigging u can see yours and ur partners line at other side of boat ,was going to mount just above bottom of hull on boat so it does not grap water whe ur driving ,any tips appreciated
    Denali 1500 baby duramax
    2023 ranger 620 pro xs

I used the PS22 for jigging Lake trout in summer 2018, I would fish from 30 FOW to 100 FOW. My PS22 is mounted on a transducer stick in down mode, between 30 and 60 fow I had no problem following the jig, deeper than that I would lose the jig regularly, I always had to rotate the transducer stick in order the keep the jig in the strong part of the beam because of the current or I would lose sight of it when the boat was pitching and rolling in the waves due to the wind. My fishing partner would have to fish the same side of the boat as me to see his jig on the screen. After a few months of that I decided to purchase a PS30 witch has much more power, (150w PS30, 50w PS22) Now I almost never lose my jig, my partner doesn’t have to fish the same side of the boat as me and no matter how much the boat is pitching and rolling the jig stays on the screen up to about 120 fow.
    So depending how deep you fish the PS22 will do the job but the PS30 will work much better, as for mounting it on the transom, you will have a hard time keeping your lure in the strong part of the beam if there’s wind, waves or current.

check this out..
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y9-...ew?usp=sharing

Good luck
    Fish on!!
    C//
    Last edited by Astrochris; 09-16-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    8410XSV, 8612XSV
    GT15, GT40, PS30
    GPSMAP 536
    2022 Lund Impact XS 1775
    115 Pro XS

3. Member
    good info chris, thanks