Thread: Carlisle Tires

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Carlisle Tires

Any thoughts on these? Look like they have good reviews. I had a Goodyear marathon blow out on me yesterday. Tandem Trailer hauling a 519 DVS with a 225. I think I weigh in at around 2200.

Carlisle Radial Trail HD Trailer Tire-ST215/75R14 102M 6-ply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IHIMBEY..._MXOFDbF7TWWQ1
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

2. Member
    I had them for my last set switched to Endurance D range and wearing better

3. Member
    Those were stock on my RT178 and been on there since 2015. No issues with mine although I have seen feedback from others on here that are not fond of them. I am gonna replace them this winter but not sure what direction I am gonna go yet.

4. Member
    Get the Endurance and be done with it. I had the Carlisle and belts broke in 2 tires before the month was up.

5. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winner89 View Post
    Any thoughts on these? Look like they have good reviews. I had a Goodyear marathon blow out on me yesterday. Tandem Trailer hauling a 519 DVS with a 225. I think I weigh in at around 2200.

Carlisle Radial Trail HD Trailer Tire-ST215/75R14 102M 6-ply https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IHIMBEY..._MXOFDbF7TWWQ1
    2200? Your hull weighs 1600lbs easily by itself. You are probably close to a ton shy in your guess.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    2200? Your hull weighs 1600lbs easily by itself. You are probably close to a ton shy in your guess.
    Sorry I wasn’t positive on weight. Regardless, just looking for the best tires for my trailer. I want the least chance of this happening.
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

7. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winner89 View Post
    Sorry I wasn’t positive on weight. Regardless, just looking for the best tires for my trailer. I want the least chance of this happening.
    Likely you picked up a nail and lost air. Tandems are a light load on most any trailer tire.

Check out http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post6208861

Hard to heat the Endurance.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    Likely you picked up a nail and lost air. Tandems are a light load on most any trailer tire.

Check out http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post6208861

Hard to heat the Endurance.
    Would pieces of the steel belt coming out of the side be a cause of picking up a nail? If so then that’s probably what happened. I just checked all my air pressures the night before we left and didn’t notice anything wrong. I developed a vibration all of the sudden, stopped to check it out and couldn’t see anything wrong. Then about 20 miles up the road, we heard the POP and saw it loosing air pressure.
    Wes Smith
    1999 Ranger 519 DVS
    2011 RAM 1500

9. Member
    My RT188 weighed in about 2700 at the scales. I change my tires every three years no matter what they look like. The Goodyear’s were not a choice for my little tin Ranger so I went with one called Duro. In your case I’d buy the Goodyear Endurance.

10. Member
    I would not put Carlilses back on my boat. Two different sets, two belt separations, two fenders replaced ($2400) and one avoided wreck by luck. Chinese tires are not well made. I have no beef with the manufacturer's warranty department. Carlisle help pay for damages caused by their defective tires both times. Wish they were manufactured here in the US.

"Two different sets, two belt separations"

Were these the HD Carlisle?

12. Member
    No but it was a workmanship issue. The internal belts separated both times. Each set of tires were less than 3 years old. After the first blowout I got real anal about checking tire pressure each time I pulled the boat out of the garage. I also run a tire pressure monitoring system which indicated the tire that blew was well within pressure and operating temperature. After the second blowout Carlisle again warrantied the tires and damages. I got rid of that replacement set as soon as I got my boat back home. The tires were only on the trailer for around 2 weeks and had around 1100 miles on them when I went to the US made Goodyear Endurance. I won't run any Chinese made tire. By my experience they are junk and unsafe in my opinion.

13. Member
    My Carlisle HD radials are almost four years old and have been great. I will definitely consider another set next Spring along with the Endurance.

14. Member
    The Carlisle HD is well liked in the camper world. I put a set on my old boat and not a single issue. I just been ugh a set for my new to me boat and at $52 each it’s hard to beat. The endurance is also a very good tire from reviews but double the price and because of that I will stick with the Carlisle until they show me differently.

15. Member
    That's why we have options. My fishing rig cost me $45 K. I think the price difference of roughly a $100 dollars every 3 to 4 years to run US made Goodyear Endurance is well worth it. Besides those Chinese tire workers don't pay or spend a dime in our economy. I prefer to support American business and their workers when I have an option.

16. Member
    Changed to Endurance 2 years ago and am very happy. I don't think there is a better trailer tire on the market.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Erie eye View Post
    Changed to Endurance 2 years ago and am very happy. I don't think there is a better trailer tire on the market.

Good to hear. Single axle here and needed a D rated 14" tire since I'm at about 1800 and this is rated for 2200. Speed rating also worked for me. Just bought my Endurance tires 2 week ago.
    2003 Triton TR186
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP
    Garmin Graphs and LS
    MK Ultrex 24v 80lb
    All Aboard Marine Transducer Pole
    Power Pole 8' Pro Series II Black
    2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain

18. Member
    Tire.jpg

Here's my Carlisle tire. Tread came off like a cheap recap. Goodyear is what I put on after the new fender was mounted.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Tire.jpg

Here's my Carlisle tire. Tread came off like a cheap recap. Goodyear is what I put on after the new fender was mounted.
    That’s EXACTLY what mine looked like too.
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Tire.jpg

HaHa. Been there, done that twice with Carlilse. The only good thing I can say about them is that they paid for trailer damage twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast