New PRO XS 250 gear case capacity?

New 2019 pro xs 250 4-stroke #2B596674. Not sure which gear case. the manual/book lists several, all with different fluid capacity. I’m thinking the torque master but 17.5 fl oz seems light.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I always filled mine until lube ran out of vent hole then replaced drain bolt then vent bolt and called it a day.

A quart of lube with a pump makes the job easy.

In other words, I don't know the capacity but what I suggested will allow a complete drain and refill.

3. Member
    Thanks, I understand the process of filling the LU and do use a pump. I was hoping to find the identity of it and it’s capacity.

4. Member
    The 250 Pro Xs for most bass boats would come with a Torque Master II which has the drain and vent screw behind the prop and the vent screw is even with the prop shaft so it takes very little gear oil. The 17 oz in the chart is about what mine takes. If you have a light boat like an Allison or a Bullet you could have a Spotrmaster gear case but they look very different and have a curved leading edge.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

5. Member
    I have the same motor, and I’m reasonably certain that it’s the torquemaster, thus, 17.5 fl oz. what convinced me was the drain fill plugs. ( Vent)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howieranger View Post
    The 250 Pro Xs for most bass boats would come with a Torque Master II which has the drain and vent screw behind the prop and the vent screw is even with the prop shaft so it takes very little gear oil. The 17 oz in the chart is about what mine takes. If you have a light boat like an Allison or a Bullet you could have a Spotrmaster gear case but they look very different and have a curved leading edge.
    yep, looking like the torque masterII as the drain & vent plugs are behind the prop.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Correct- should be a Torquemaster (and it is a much lower capacity due to the configuration of the drain and vent screws). Good move on Merc's part, I might add!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Correct- should be a Torquemaster (and it is a much lower capacity due to the configuration of the drain and vent screws). Good move on Merc's part, I might add!
    Thanks Don for confirmation on the LU.